5V 2A wall warts

I tried a google and only came up with US and EU connectors. Without going to too much trouble, does anyone know where I can find one please?

It is for an ageing Fuji 3900 camera that has more to offer than my newer one. i.e. hot shoe and wide angle as well as zoom.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Try Farnell. You might fare better if you drop the wall-wart requirement and look for something with an IEC mains inlet.

Reply to
Jón Fairbairn

CPC.

PW00520

There are a few others there; you don't mention regulation, and I assume you wanted DC.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks for that, but having looked on that web page, I think I'll nip up to CPC, they are only 2 or 3 miles away from me.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

eBay

140440215466 170525439120 270609801808

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

That's expensive, I have a few 5v 2A supplies, they come with powered USB hubs and cost £3.99 from Aldi.

Reply to
dennis

I stuck with mentioning regulated ones, as the OP didn't specify. I doubt those are...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Regulated and switched mode.

Reply to
dennis

From the little information I have from the camera manufacturer, I will be better sticking to a regulated one. I have the camera on charge at the moment on a 5 V 10 A regulated PSU and it is working fine. I have just forgotten the charge time and I am not that sure where my camera manuals are at the moment.

I'll leave it on charge overnight and see what happens am.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The only reason not to go CPC is the post so if you can collect it's a no brainer. These days I'm choosing in-line supplies instead of wall warts, easier to hide if that's what you want and more likely to be compact switchers.

Reply to
fred

The only problem I can see with an in line is the mains cable. When the original charger was running OK it went in the camera bag on top of the flash guns and filters. An in line plus mains cable might be a touch too much for the case.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I would definitely use a regulated supply, as cameras often do not have internal regulators, presumably for space/heat reasons, and can be destroyed by the large voltage swings on unregulated supplies.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

I got to the bottom of the thread tree thinking why the hell doesn't the OP try Ebay !!

I bought a couple of clip-on 12v halogen spotlights - transformer wallwarts. Nicely out of any warranty one of the transformers failed; unfortunately it failed because the bulb's coil shorted itself continuing to work but taking too much current for the transformer primary. I didn't realise this until I burnt out the second light's transformer - doh!

Ordered up 2 electronic 12v 2A walwarts from Ebay at ~=A34 each including postage. Work fine and hopefully have overload protection.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham