5m of CAT5 and Supermarket anti theft alarm.

I've been doing after hours work in a well known Supermarket chain recently and on several occasions the alarm has been triggered by the 5m coil of CAT5 in my tool bag.

the team think that carrying the same item wound in a bifilar manner thus:
lessen the likelihood of further embarrassment?

Does anyone have a GDO (FDO) handy and would like to test a patch lead?

Reply to
Graham.

Ooh, I must try stuffing a patchlead in my coat pocket! Alarms going off aren't a signal for *me* to do anything ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

aren't a signal for *me* to do anything ...

Not as a customer, but as an employee or a contractor I suspect you would be more co-operative and even submit to a search. You quite likely wouldn't have got the work unless you signed to say you agreed to that.

Reply to
Graham.

Used to happen to me nine times out of ten with my old Nokia mobile at the local B&Q. But not once did anyone take any notice.

Reply to
polygonum

Whenever I go through a particular Sainsbury store with my laptop bag, it sets the alarms off, I have been wondering for ages what is causing it!!

Reply to
Toby

Last weekend I found I was setting off the alarms in two different Sainsburys stores.

It appears to be caused by something in my wallet - I told the security guy in the second store that it must be objecting to my Tesco Clubcard!

Neither of the stores is local, so I won't be making repeat visits to monitor progress but I will be interested to see if it happens in a local store - and if it happens in Tesco as well!

Reply to
Terry Casey

cable coiled in my bag.

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

My brother's wallet set off the alarm every time in a certain shop, even after the wallet was empty. I found a small device in the lining and removed it. He had bought the wallet overseas some years ago.

Reply to
Matty F