Subject Author Posted Replies

Using hammer wedges
I?m fitting a new handle to a sledge hammer and when I asked for some wedges in the hardware store they gave me these. contains one hardwood wedge and two ridged metal tubes. What?s the right way of...
5
5

2nd kitchen circuit??
Hi All, Current load on kitchen ring 32A MCB) is Wishdosher, washing machine, tumble drier, fridge freezer, kettle, toaster, microwave, I think that?s most of the regular appliances. I was wondering...
60
60

Re: OT RNFI sacks UK staff, buys burkini for Africans
Was this before or after donating money and or time. I've always thpught the RLNI was about saving lives around UK shores, not going to bondi beach to save surfers. Well obviously we'd send all the...
4
4

Car wiper blade arm hard to remove
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the spindle is steel. Would greasing the spindle be wise and would...
30
30

USB power supply.
Have a few devices in the AV setup which are USB 5v powered. To try and keep things as neat as possible, all the mains to that are now IEC, as that takes up less space than 13 amp. So decided a USB...
11
11

Pre-RFD: newgroup uk.blind.discussion-general
Hello. I?m thinking of making a proposal for a new group specifically designed to facilitate easy access and pleasurable use to blind people using reader software. This has come about as I?ve seen the...
2
2

Using a self levelling laser high up near the ceiling
Just dug out my Bosch self levelling laser with tripod. However it only self levels if it is within 4 degrees of horizontal. If I want to set a level near the ceiling I need the head of the laser over...
5
5

Minor triumph with colour laserjet
Aargh. Flashback to my time as field support engineer for a document scanning system. Scanner feed rollers were an absolute PITA.
9
9

Two pin (Euro) USB-C charger for Pixel 3a
Does anyone want this? Purchased from Germany. The angle of the pins is not quite right for my Schuko socket but I suspect other sockets may be more tolerant (or an adjustment could be made). I am not...
5
5

BoJo babbles to game Google
Interesting thing just came up in my Twitter feed; So, quite clear that Boris intentionally inserted the phrase ?model of restraint? into his Marr interview yesterday, knowing it would be repeated and...
1
1

Face mask
Bit of a flood in the cellar. My son is worried about fungus spores, as it's not well ventilated. Does anyone know what sort of face mask is needed? FFP2, or whatever?
5
5

OT Cars for women
At the motor show in Earls Court, London in 1967, their main focus seems to have been attracting women drivers. In this remarkable archive footage, all sorts of classic cars are on display from the...
8
8

grinders, benders and a dirty llama
close ... <> In episode 26, we continue with the myriad little jobs needing sorting. There's brackets, tea, an exhaust manifold, an uber linkage and some filtration. It's all go with the build of one...
3
3

Changing supplier - smart meters blank
The last time I changed, they used a "deemed" reading that was a mile out - indeed it was below that of my previous bill. And this was despite my giving them not only the correct numbers, but photos...
10
10

Water hardness and removal of scale.
aluminium is the no.1 choice for descaling chrome. NT
6
6