Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: One for the greenies
A patent filed by the U.S. Navy last month claims to have developed a compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor. It seemingly stretches the limits of science. A patent filed by the U.S. Navy last month...
16
16

Weird behaviour Vaillant
Here is my installation.. Vaillant ECOfit Pure 418 18Kw VR 65 Control Module & VR10 cylinder sensor VRC 470F Controller + VR 21 Outdoor sensor/DCF77 receiver + Radio Receiver in boiler. Sunvic SDM...
41
41

WRONG TOILETSENT
I ordered a Close coupled toilet and was sent a Back to wall closed coupled toilet and immediately contacted Plumbworld and sent in all the photo and dispatch note by email attachment, yet they are...
1
1

BG Smart socket
Just noticed these the other day so ordered one from TLC for £14.99. Fitted it today and I am quite impressed, it has the usual features of plug in adaptors switching on using the app as well as...
12
12

Hospitals
I had a flexible cysto yesterday. Location was was changed from a local NHS clinic to Queen Marys in Roehampton, which I'd never been to before. Much larger car park than my local St Georges, and...
17
17

Cutting Rafters
What's the customary way to leave rafters finished at the gutter end? Can they be left squared off as they come from the timer yard or are you expected to trim the ends so they're vertical? Thanks
9
9

TOT green packaging
I buy frozen food on a fairly regular basis and note that many items in a cardboard box are further packed in a plastic bag. I always composted the cardboard. Recently on opening a few cardboard boxes...
15
15

Niggles - things one sees
1. Thermostats set at a riduculous and un-achievable setting. 2. People using a drill who give it a wiggle before withdrawing it. 3. People who use an aerosol upside down.
28
28

Anyone clued up on shrubs?
I want a shrub, About 6 foot high, columnar rather then the spread out sort, Happy to grow in shade, Preferably fragrant. Any input.....Ta.
16
16

Combined back boxes
Owing to limited wall space in certain areas of my kitchen rewire I need to get various sockets and switches in line with each other and as close as possible. I have come across a number of back boxes...
19
19

H&M Powermaster transformer/controllers
Thanks for all the useful comments regarding flexes and earthing. I have three Powermasters, one slightly newer, with PVC flex (old colours) and two older, with woven covered rubber flex. Tested the...
7
7

Mixer shower question (water delay)
Image link below: The mixer taps on shower are having a delay (approx 20 seconds) when the water is turned on then runs ok so suspect either the filters are blocked or the cartridge is at fault....
1
1

OT Groundworkers handwriting
File:Groundworker.jpg - DIYWiki
14
14

40mm diamond drill
Just to say that my diamond encrusted drill arrived from China pretty quickly. It was lightweight and rather flimsy, but I didn't expect top quality for under £2. It quickly made a nice neat hole...
7
7

Cable tidy for desk top - quality and hole size?
I'm now trying to source some nice round cable tidy fittings to go into the bespoke desk top. First issue is that there are so many very similar products. <>How to tell which are good quality and...
1
1