Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT On Greta Awww..Poor little girlie.
Bit radical letting a 16 year old with depression swan around the world with those you don?t know at all. But letting a 16 year old with depression swan around the world in a situation where medical...

Threeway woodworking jig
If someone came out with a three-way jig to be able to drill a center hole in a one-meter square board impossible to do with a standard drill press, then turning the jig and ending up with a drum...
5
5

Extending/re-routing speaker cables
I'm helping a friend make changes to his audio-video system, principally moving a main AV equipment rack to a different location. This involves rerouting a good deal of speaker wiring, almost all of...
31
31

Framing Nailers
I have several jobs coming up that will need a fair amount of stud partitioning and I am thinking this might be an excuse to get myself a framing nailer. Does anyone have any experience of these and...
12
12

Banggood any good ?
of cheap tools etc. Anybody got any experience of this site ? Online Shopping for cool gadgets, toys, cell phones, vr headset, tv box, garden supplies & apparel at great prices. Banggood: Good Life...
37
37

Samsung computer monitor
Sadly I have no record of the model, on the back are loads of numbers but none seem to correlate to a Samsung. The problem is the settings. It has automatic switch off after a certain time that I wish...
14
14

75 Ohm, RG59, clamp type plugs.
HNY2ALL. I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59 Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I...
4
4

Appliance rating
Just looking at monitors and keep seeing wattages that are questionable. For example, a monitor rated at 30W. But which has a USB-C power delivery rated at 65W. Simplistically, you'd add 30 + 65 and...
5
5

BBC intelligence test
Slow access but fun. I wonder if the Antipodean would like to try?
17
17

Windows 10 question (login)
Happy New Year I'm asking the question here as I am fearful to ask in the W10 group as I may not understand the answer :-) I was persuaded by Microsoft to change to a PIN rather than a password to log...
15
15

Radiant Rings
The cooker has 4 spiral elements, 3x2kW and 1x1.2kW; the little one has failed. It seems easy to get a replacement (seem to 1.1kW now - and the others are 1.8kW - typical nowadays). On Ebay there's...
13
13

New Year's Quiz 2020!
Greetings, Gentlemen (and/or Pammy) What with all the overflowing seasonal goodwill and whatnot over the last couple of weeks I thought it would be a bit of a hoot to hold a New Year's quiz. The...
13
13

Any GIMP users here?
Gentlemen, How do you superimpose one photo onto another? I'm trying to combine the front and back photos of a PCB so I can follow which traces go to which components, so they'll both need to be made...
39
39

Satellites
Poke your latitude/longitude into this tracker <>and find a suitable time (preferably just after twilight) when the "leader" is in view, marvel at Elon pissing 60 satellites a week into the sky for...
17
17

DC power plug 6mm 2.1mm
I wonder if anyone can help. Looking for a replacement DC barrel plug to fit a BT Homehub 5A power supply. I believe the plug is a "Type B 6mm 2.1mm" according to wikidev which has gone offline at the...
34
34