Subject Author Posted Replies

looks like its nearly over
in qe, asked if I want to go home or into hospis.
24
24

TV programme guide
As d-i-y as most things currently discussed here:-) Now the transmitted Freeview TV guide is disfunctional, has anyone come across a searchable on line version? I have the RT version but would like...
38
38

LED outdoor low voltage lights as beacons?
I wonder is there any off the shelf led units that are not crappily made that one can illuminate a globe with at regular intervals down the side of a path? Its got to be better than the existing...
4
4

Has LED lighting efficiency reached a limit?
I've just replaced half of the LED downlighters in a kitchen, and realised that the new ones are exactly the same make and model as the old ones that were installed in 2014. These are the...
68
68

Those 2 royals
They are welcomed to go anywhere and do whatever they want, As long as us taxpayers no longer subsidise their high life style
43
43

Re: OT: Ping Pamela
I've wonder why the EU doesn't insist EU countries pay their fare share to NATO. But they don't seem to I wonder why. Six European governments now are above the threshold sought by US President Donald...
7
7

Re: OT Our Jerry.
And? I don't get your fixation on this kind of thing. Many of my most loyal friends are Muslim. They are just like everybody else and we don't sit about discussing whose version of god or not is the...

Toilet leak
Last time I had to deal with a toilet that had developed a leak between the pan and the soil pipe I used some open-mesh fabric about 2" wide which had been impregnated with a goopy, non-drying...
6
6

Idigbo
I have a bit of left over Idigbo, 9" x 12" x 1.25". Nothing huge... was wondering what I could make from it. I don't want a stack of pens :) Any suggestions? For anyone not familiar it's a brown...
13
13

OT: Aussie fires - ATTN Rod Speed
AFAIK, Australia ain't a third world country. So why have I just been asked to sign a petition to the UK government to give them foreign aid? Can't the Aussie government sort it?

Fuses - yet again (audio)
An audio expert has suggested replacing the plug fuses with 'audiophile' fuses costing £150 each. Is this a transaction that would benefit him more than me?
26
26

OT: From BBCR4Today, this morning
Unfortunately I didn't get this chap's name, but what he pointed out regarding EU-UK trade agreement was interesting. It seems that the EU, in insisting on regulatory *alignment* by the UK as a...
64
64

OT: Australian fires
On January 1, 2020, the Operational Land Imager (OLI) on Landsat 8 acquired a natural-color image (above) of thick smoke blanketing southeastern Australia along the border of Victoria and New...

Why secure a loft trapdoor in a storm?
Why secure a loft trapdoor in a storm? And what's the roof pitch to do with anything? "Close and secure loft trapdoors with bolts, particularly if roof pitch is less than 30°"
3
3

How to fix these in place?
Plan is to fit timber bars under open stair steps to reduce the gaps to meet BR. They'll be positioned in the middle of the space up-down-wise. But I'm not seeing how they can be fixed. The right side...
30
30