550 to Spend

Hi as a general diy person who has picked up a few customers, and has just had garage broken into with most of my tools stolen, drills etc, what would you spend 550 insurance money on?
I need a rechargable drill / driver. SDS drill. Circular saw. paint sprayer. Tile cutter. drill bits. Jigsaw.
any help
Steve

Go to Wickes )2 yr guarantee) and B&Q (try a B&Q Warehouse) and assess the Wickes DIY range (black) and the B&Q PP Pro range (3 yr guarantee). Your 550 will get most of what you want: SDS, drill/driver with 1 hr charge & 2 batteries, tile cutter, jig saw. B&Q also have some decent kits of drill/driver/jig saw/circular saw etc.
e.g., Wickes have a 1 hr charge 14.4 v drill/driver/hammer for 30, 40 for the 18v version. Extra batteries are avaiable.

Makita or Bosch for the drill/driver Bosch for the SDS Skil or Hitachi for the circular saw. Bosch or Makita for the jigsaw
Are you looking for an air or airless paint sprayer?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
SJ wrote:

Steel bar and a padlock.
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:14:44 -0000, "Owain"

Got a bull mastiff but he slept through the lot.
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:19:36 +0000, SJ wrote:

As someone who has had many break in on my van (despite alarms etc), I sympathise.
(Inc VAT. )
Drill/driver Erbauer 78 or Makita 95 De Walt 2kg SDS + Basic bits 140 Jigsaw Ferm @ 20 unless you are using it all day every day. Takes both sorts of blade. Freud circular saw 70 - but check the blade is Freud if not buy one of those to fit. Tile Saw - Plasplugs about 50 or less. NOT any sort with a shiny top.
That leaves nearly 200 for the paint sprayer and longer/wider bits.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

We had our share of breakins to the vans, but interestingly enough, only the ones not fitted with Maple locks. Once we splashed out on the whole fleet, we had one unsuccesful robbery attempt and then nothing since! They're not cheap, but much more secure than the silly locks fitted by Ford as standard.

How about starting with one of these? http://tinyurl.com/3hjve I've just bought a pro power, I think, tile cutter for 30 from B&Q warehouse. I've done a fair few tiling jobs and it's doing well. It was all metal, higher powered and with a bigger blade than the plasplugs one. For SDS drills and jigsaws, have a look at http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk / For a SDS drill the Makita HR2020 would be a good buy, I bought it's predecessor a few years back and given it some right abuse and it's still going strong. Plenty of choice of jigsaws there, just pick one! ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.