Subject Author Posted Replies

Adaptors
So the internet radio has arrived! How do I connect? Router sockets are cat 6 and radio input is usb. Whilst google finds zillions of cables, this particular mix does not seem to feature. Something I...
28
28

Northern Ireland MOT Clusterfuck
come all garages were using the same make and model of lifts ? Is there no competition in NI ? How come the taxpayer is on the hook for the replacements ? Surely in the UK the MOT testing equipment is...
28
28

Electronics D-I-Y
Perhaps a caveat is needed here, and that is, if you have old as-new stocks of wire-ended components, (with the possible exception of electrolytics), then hang onto them like gold dust! Also, if...
10
10

Gridwatch certificate expired
Looks like a problem. Firefox on Windows 10 reports: Web sites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for expired on 28/01/2020. Error code:...
14
14

Why are torx screws so expensive?
Pack of PZ2 screws, £10. Pack of identical screws, but with a torx head, £50. WTF?
22
22

Using a 16A Schuko socket
So, I have an EV (Leaf) which would benefit from the ability to charge using more than a 13Amp socket can supply. The supplied charging unit/cable limits to about 10A, but the car's on board charger...
42
42

Double glazing beading on the outside?!?
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows? Surely, common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the inside, for security.
25
25

Door kick plates
Any views on this one? It seems the main choices are aluminium, stainless steel and brass. As far as I can see, aluminium needs the least maintenance. Is all aluminium anodised or does this need to be...
2
2

uk.radio.amateur?
It seems as though a number of the (slightly?) more respectable denizens of ura have decamped here in response to the almost complete destruction of ura by the infantile despicables. One wonders what...
54
54

Burglar alarm problem
We have a wired house alarm that was already in place when we bought the house some 15 years ago. It has several movement sensors around the house, a large metal case that all the wires come out of...
33
33

Parking earth wire
On this occasion the back box doesn't have a terminal for earth. The 2-gang light switch doesn't have one either. I presume I should use a single choc-block connector to connect these CPCs?
8
8

Car fuel gauge oddity
I put some petrol in the car today , not much about 10 litres. It didn't seem to register on the gauge, that's a bargraph with limited resolution but even so that was strange. Stranger still was that...
13
13

Kitchen Waste Traps part 2
Meant to ask this question in the previous post, has anyone had any experience with the Surestop stopcock both remote and standard or for that of any other similar type? Richard
1
1

Kitchen Sink Traps
I am getting to the point where I need to consider the plumbing of our sink unit which will have a washing machine on one side and a dishwasher on the other. I am considering one of these for the two...
4
4

Vokera linea 28
I have anproblem with my Vokera linea 28 boiler , work no problem with central heating , but when running hot water , mainly the shower , it gets to temp fine then after a couple of minutes the water...
4
4