Subject Author Posted Replies

The National Grid!!
Who had that old ditty?? "The National Grid it came to pass. Its wires were made of Brass. In windy weather they'd smash together And sparks flew out of its arse:!
17
17

Strange heating/DHW boiler?
Went to have a look at a flat that I am thinking about buying to do up. An elderly lady, small flat in a terrible state (shame on her family...). She was suffering from dementia, and the estate agent...
20
20

B&Q
Seems not long ago B&Q built a new super store nearby at Wandsworth Bridge. A Home Depot one. Now gone, and going to be more 'executive housing' Oddly, the Homebase is still across the road from it -...
54
54

Some kitchen questions.
Went to a local firm for a quote. They do all sorts of worktops in real marble, granite, etc as well as 'artificial' stone. And was surprised to find artificial can be more expensive than real. I...
18
18

Source for vanity basin (no cabinet) ?
following the adventures with the waste, with tiresome predictability, fixing one problem has caused another, and with the actual basin (plastic on MDF) being 14 years old, there's a couple of...
8
8

Infra red panel heater gibberish?
Hi, just talking to a guy getting infra red panel heaters fitted into his house. Whilst googling I found: states: Infrared Heating: The Details Infrared heating is a revolutionary way of heating your...
36
36

ha ha
This looks better Restored Detroit Electric car driving out of the Edison Tech Center and down the street. This one was owned by electrical engineer Charles P. Steinmetz at General Electric. 1914...
1
1

Re: Servicing a very old gas boiler - still done?
sounds like a great way of missing the point. So instead of burning gas in the home at 95% or so efficient, you want to build massively expensive power stations to convert gas at 40% efficiency into...
4
4

Did I miss anything?
That went well :( Bought a bit of worktop to be a desk in my office. Shut the PC down. Cut the worktop to fit (it was 3050mm, and the walls are 29-something). Tried to put it in, and doesn't quite...
15
15

[SOLVED] fan belt
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 18:53:33 +0000 "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Sod's Law says that, if you do now replace it, it will be a defective one and will fail after 1,000 miles. " If it ain't broke......" ( I...
105
105

Plug in RCD warm
Is it normal for plug on end of flex type RCD to have a warm spot? This one has been in the tripped position for some hours after a 10 second power cut caused it to drop out and on going to reset it...
6
6

OT: Face masks for ladies
Use petrol instead. Or thinners.
39
39

The Hanford Site is a decommissioned nuclear production complex...
The Hanford Site is a decommissioned nuclear production complex operated by the U.S. federal govt on the Columbia River in Benton County in the U.S. state of Washington. The site has been known by...
2
2

Another enjoyable plumbing experience.
Of course not, this is England. Typically just as SWMBO went to empty the bathroom sink, there was a flood of water. After mopping up, I saw the screw that goes through "the bit the plug goes in" had...
14
14

Remove Cooke and Lewis vanity drawer
Have a b and q bathroom cabinet Cooke and Lewis - how the hell do u get the drawer out???? Need to clear u bend behind!!
5
5