Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Former President of Greenpeace scientifically rips climate change to shreds
See here: <>The article is titled as per the title of this post (I dislike harry-style posts with a link and nothing else). Patrick Moore is a vocal critic of faulty science that supports...
17
17

Numatic. Modest success!
Cleaning lady dumped her dead *Hetty* floor cleaner in hopes of a repair and I thought the team might be interested.... Moulded on plug and no power reaching the motor. Wind up cable and a user likely...
13
13

Sacraficial ...
I often wonder why nobody builds houses on stilts these days. Brian
27
27

OT: Cultural Enrichment manifests in Glasgow!
In another heart-warming example of how other cultures add vibrancy to our dull country, a Scottish teenager is in a serious condition after a gang of 20 Asian boys dragged him into the middle of the...
10
10

5 Shilling Victorian stamp
Hi All, I?ve recently seen a pic of a cancelled 5 Shilling stamp with Vicky?s head on it. It seems like a lot of postage to pay even for a very large parcel. Is it likely it might have been used on a...
3
3

Covid-19 Facemasks DIY
Facemasks are getting hard to find. This is a DIY group. Anyone started to manufacture their own facemasks? Given what people are wearing in the pictures, they seem to be mainly gauze or in clinical...
10
10

OT Flooding/other bad weather.
can't believe the mentality of these people buying houses on floodplains/near rivers. The cost of house insurance will be up next year for us all. The other thing is winds. I have reinforced my house...
42
42

A basic 3-phase question
So in the coffee bar this morning chat pondered on 3-phase and how to know which of the 3 wires was which phase. I've done some googling and would like the experts to confirm: 1. It doesn't matter...
23
23

Re: turd
On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 21:53:18 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: It's hardly "designer gear" though is it?? Like it or not, even crap clothing like George from Asda has a logo on it nowadays so it's next...
4
4

Cutting a 50 x 50 square on a CNC router (Boxford)
At work we have a Boxford A3HSRi2. I only use it about twice a year. I cut out a shape for a mate lately, and it was quite a faff. If I can cut a square, I should be set to cut anything. There is a...
1
1

Electricity distribution question
Last night, actually early hours of this morning, we were getting multiple short power cuts but also one of our RCDs recurrently tripping and a UPS switching to battery every few seconds for less than...
19
19

Surprising rechargeable cell life
Clearing out the shed I came across my old 4.8v Challenge Extreme powered screwdriver, which I hadn't seen for at least 6 years (I use my Hitachi drill/driver instead). When I opened the box and took...
15
15

Dulux
Banned by the Fourth Reich.
11
11

Best rig-up to charge batteries from solar?
Apparently the virus is purely biological and does not infect power stations. Bill
24
24

Wood preserver
Creosote is the only good one now. It kills plants of course. Cuprinol was copper powder in oil, hence the name. I daresay the original formula could be made fairly easily, but it requires very...
8
8