Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Whitby is a seaside town, port & civil parish in North Yorkshire...
And vampyre wannabes, but can you tell a goth from a vampire ?
3
3

Where to buy G9 LEDs, i.e. reasonable price and quality?
My MIL has bought some light fittings which need a total of 7 G9 LED bulbs, my first foray to Toolstation and Screwfix tells me they're expensive! CPC are better but still quite pricey. Are there any...
11
11

Red diesel
"Rishi Sunak is set to announce in next week's budget that red diesel - so-called because it is marked with a dye - will no longer attract a lower fuel duty. It currently accounts for about 15% of...
46
46

Whitby is a seaside town, port & civil parish in North Yorkshire...
Whitby is a seaside town, port & civil parish in the Scarborough borough of North Yorkshire. Situated on the east coast of Yorkshire at the mouth of the River Esk, Whitby has a maritime, mineral &...
11
11

Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.
I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small plastic bottles with a little hand cream. Couldn't find any in the shops. Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.
83
83

PRV in cold supply
I am going to have to fit a PRV in the cold supply for the benefit of a new thermostatic shower mixer (max allowed pressure 5 Bar) current cold pressure 7.5 bar and hot pressure regulated to 3 bar by...
12
12

Re: tee heee
It would have died from overwatering if she really had done it every day. Once a fortnight is enough for succulents. Caelie Wilkes watered her succulent religiously every day, so was devastated when...
2
2

Lenovo B50-30
I have asked to look at the above, which sort of runs, but in treacle mode. Takes forever to boot up, press a button and it will maybe respond 5 minutes later. It has Win10 installed on it, it seems...
141
141

Planes....
Hmm, nice idea but I suspect the bean counters will say no. Tim
34
34

Root Cause
Observing how roads deteriorate it seems that Joins in the tarmac and Drains are the major cause. So why isn't more attention given to these features when a road is resurfaced?
26
26

OT Traitors
Relations With the Civil Service - Independence Daily Relations With the Civil Service - Independence Daily

Don't count your chickens before they are clamped
Saw this on cityAM daily email today - DVLA have revealed the reasons some people have given for not taxing their cars. ?I?m about to start a prison sentence, so is there any way you could hang on to...
1
1

Re: Aberdeen
Yes, but that was typhoid, a lot more serious. Brian
3
3

Re: Check the guy welding at 1.22 ......
It's not the scene from The Full Monty with them watching Flashdance and criticising the mix is it?
1
1

Flickering LED bulkhesd lights
I have four LED lights in the loft, Megaman F50500SM, 10.5W, . They are arranged on two spurs coming from a single switch, two lights on each spur, in parallel. A few minutes after I switch the lights...
7
7