Subject Author Posted Replies

Epoxy coatings
Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was previously ( badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss. Had thought about over laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep...
5
5

Re: Insurance
in a lot of cases you're better off putting the cost of insurance into a savings account.
5
5

OT: (again!) car identification please
You can tell I'm self-isolating! Can anyone identify and/or date this car, as I'm trying to date the photograph it's in and I'm not a 'car' person. registration probably ends LAF, and the AF bit means...
16
16

Useless
Not entirely true. I distinctly heard the word, grant several times. Its an evolving situation. Brian
1
1

shut down
Yup every time Boris opens his gob and shares his latest thoughts with the Nation they all rush to the supermarkets and empty the shelves. And he's going to be on every day ! michael adams ...
54
54

Anti-siphon bottle trap issue
Hi All, I have fitted a new bathroom sink and the run to the main waste is around 4m. It gurgles so decided to switch the existing bottle trap for an anti-siphon one. I thought would be a 2 minute...
11
11

Re: post fat
I heard the contravirus can live up to 24 hours on paper or cardboard. Not sure how long it can live on fat, seems peole can live a long time on their fat ;-)
1
1

OT European Arrest Warrent
This is well worth a read. The tool for tyranny. One of the best reasons for OUT Personal Freedom in Britain is Guarded by a Latin Past Participle - Independence Daily Personal Freedom in Britain is...
4
4

now is the time
We manufacturer a lot of stuff, but putting together small fiddly stuff like cameras, phones, video recorders etc etc is where the obedient, nimble-fingered (young) asian people have an advantage. And...
17
17

Charging your car at home.
Came across a car being charged in the street yesterday. H&S well taken care of - large rubber mats covering the cable and small traffic cones either end. Impressed. Until I looked at how it was fed....
98
98

OT: David Bishop email 2
Hi, Today, there is beginning to be hope as state, local and federal authorities are waking up to the extreme dangers we face from an unseen, untested-for virus. In a couple of weeks we may finally...

Amazon fire TV for peanuts
The FireTV function is good but, to get the best out of it, you need to add some apps etc. We have a couple of Firesticks, we take one away in the motorhome in case of poor weather etc, and have a...
14
14

Some traders have remembered us
email this morning from on the subject: "Keeping your distance from Corona? - Do some DIY!" PS I - and far more important IIRC TMH - recommend them highly
2
2

OT: Calling trad jazz fans
When I were a lad, in the late 1950's I'm sure a mate of mine had a recording of Ottilie Patterson singing St. James Infirmary, probably with Chris Barber's jazz band. I would like to get a copy, but...
16
16

Sad but smug (hand sanitiser)
Due to my wife being ill, a lot,(she has now passed, hence the sad) . We have bottles and bottles of hand sanitiser (none in shops hence smug) I had to clean her up etc many times a day so we had LOTS...
15
15