Subject Author Posted Replies

OT On electric cars.
The debate on charging is nonsensical. Few people will be able to afford one, certainly not those living in terrace houses. There is not enough lithium/neodymium to go round. Electric cars will remain...
17
17

Leather glues
Does anyone know of any leather glues available in the UK which fulfil the following: Water-based (not the common toluene-or-whatever-type solvents); Flexible - needs to leave the leather as flexible...
9
9

Oil-fired boiler service costs
Looking through the paperwork for our 'new' oil boiler (installed 2000), I'm slightly surprised by how much it's costing to service. For instance, this was 2014: Oil standard boiler service upto 44kW...
6
6

Re: PURGING A GAS PIPE
an interesting little thread turn of slight of hand

wow
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:28:36 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: and on the seventh day...
3
3

Can a submain have spurs?
I want to change the supply to an annex and a workshop. The house supply conveniently already supplies two DBs via some Henleys. I want to connect the Henleys via tails and a switch-fuse to SWA and...
4
4

Re: tra la la
I could not order loo paper to be delivered by Morrisons on the 7th April. Their web site shows 'out of stock'. Many other items I also wanted are shown as 'out of stock'. The order value has to be...
1
1

OT: Every cloud...
...Glastonbury has been, and the Eurovision song contest may be, cancelled.
13
13

Beware unproven news
I have seen several people around the web posting that annti inflammatory like Ibuprofen make the virus worse, and to stick to Paracetamol. There is no proof of this anywhere. It is maybe not as...
14
14

OT: Mystic Meg
I was watching a programme about the likely progress of the disease. Much was made of computer predictions ('models') of how things will develop. Having spent a lot of time learning about the computer...
12
12

OT: David Bishop virus update 4
Hi All, Now that we can relax a tiny bit because our nation is finally getting its act together (case rate going up quickly due to better testing and drive-thru test sites popping up all over), you...
3
3

OT: Seen on Twitter today
A friend in Germany tells me everyone?s panic buying sausages and cheese. It?s the Wurst Käse scenario. And apparently Greece is running low of hummus and taramasalata, leading to fears of a...
3
3

Epoxy coatings
Have deeper than usual MDF internal window cill inside which was previously ( badly) painted in old fashioned oil based gloss. Had thought about over laying a pvc cill but they're not made deep...
5
5

Re: Insurance
in a lot of cases you're better off putting the cost of insurance into a savings account.
5
5

OT: (again!) car identification please
You can tell I'm self-isolating! Can anyone identify and/or date this car, as I'm trying to date the photograph it's in and I'm not a 'car' person. registration probably ends LAF, and the AF bit means...
16
16