Subject Author Posted Replies

Thunderbird reply button!!
The bastard thing is returning daily!
3

OT All electric fighter plane.
April !st By Paul Homewood       The RAF have been secretly developing all-electric Tornadoes for the last two years. The big problem, as with electric cars, has been the limited range, but this...
138
138

OT: Todays Covid-19 totals
Rutland is doing well, only 4 cases, but Cumbria has 425 cases. That's way, way more than Warwickshire and West Sussex combined. Strange.
7
7

Re: OT:Miserable Old Git
Its only words, for goodness sake, roll your eyes and move on. Brian
2
2

French isolation farce
I have it on good authority that in France you must complete a printed off paper form authorising yourself to go out of the house. Each form can be for only one3 activity such as shopping or exercise....
15
15

Water sealing a hole
I've got a piece of plastic through which I want to pass a 1/2" hose. I want the seal between the hose and the plastic to be watertight but not permanent, eg I don't want to use a glue. The container...
13
13

Two sorts of people......
A crisis really separates the wheat from the chaff, doesn't it? A NHS worker I know is off work (effectively pulling a sickie), doesn't want to go out and risk her health. I wonder if she is enjoying...
37
37

on topic(!): finding mortar course
Half the time when I fix something to a rendered/plastered block or brick wall the fixing holes find the blasted mortar course rather than the block or brick - it's just happened again when trying to...
11
11

DIY UV sterilizer
For those who may wish to go that one step further. There are some interesting links in the Discussions UVC Sterilizer for COVID-19 Emergency: How to make a UVC sterilizer box. First things first....
16
16

Replacing 250mAh NiMH with higher capacity
Hi All So, as per subject. This is for some solar lights that have 250mAh NiMH 1.2V AA cells, but would 2500mAh cells work too?
8
8

Water softener?
SInce we had a water softener fitted, a number of the Yorkshire compression fittings have a greenish dust emanating from them. Is this just a matter of nipping up the nuts a little or would it be a...
4
4

Kill filing help please
I wish to kill file a certain individual, I am sick of him/her posting nasty comments about one and all, never anything constructive. I use Mozilla Thunderbird, any help would be appreciated.
12
12

2 way PIR switch
I'm hoping to install 3 outside LED light fittings controlled by 2 PIR switches - all lights to come on if either of the switches triggers. I've done a cursory search on t'internet but can't find any...
19
19

Boomer on Boomer strife on roads of Medway today
I was taking the kids on their daily Government-issue Exercise earlier when the most amusing thing happened. Strolling down the road on the home-straight, an old girl (60s) was coming the other way...
6
6

Spare a thought for the lorry drivers
Working hard to keep us supplied with essentials. where do they go to rest, get a meat of relieve themselves not that the motorway services are closed? Are the regulating governing them suspended?
9
9