Subject Author Posted Replies

Help to copy files please
I wish to copy files from DVDs to my computer. Sadly they are labelled trck1 etc on the discs, so I cannot copy more than one. Is there away around this apart from laboriously rebelling each...
21
21

Work top edging glue recommendations please
I need to stick a couple of worktop edges on, simple I thought, but neither of my contact adhesives seem to work well. I'm sure I *used* to use contact adhesive for this but it really doesn't seem so...
5
5

B & Queue
"more than an hour" Anyone waited in the virtual queue for B&Q click and collect? How long?
7
7

Cutting laminate worktop
I can't remember what I used last time to cut a worktop. Pretty sure at the advice of the local DIY gaff I used a jigsaw and guide and it went well. I have a circular saw too, is there a suitable...
19
19

4 days off work
Not even a call out yet. I usually get at least one although TBH I did have to call out the hospitals electrician on Friday (I get Monday and Tuesday off at Easter).
7
7

OT ...Scottish food boxes...
Wife's cousin just got her two Scottish food boxes after applying for them about a week ago because they have nobody to shop for them...will post a picture when she opens them.....
10
10

Currys didn't Know How
A football star has won a legal battle against electrical giant Currys after a deadly tumble dryer fitting ?could have killed? his fiancee and children. The allegedly unqualified engineer was sent by...
11
11

Bow saw blade for dry wood?
There?s a large dead branch dangling from the Larch at the end of my garden. Still attached but it looks untidy and I?ve a mind to lop it off. The branch is long dead and well dried. 5 minutes work...
13
13

Looking after veneer?
What's the best reatment for veneered furniture if it be kept in a centrally heated room?
2
2

what a loss
The comedian and actor, whose career spanned more than six decades, was 79.

Re: OMG I was never that young.....
! Boom chicka wa wa....
3
3

OT: One for the literati
I've received a couple of weekly food parcels but no longer need more as I'm now on a supermarket priority list. Phoned my local council help line to find out how to stop further ones. Was told they'd...
34
34

priming a rusty gate and posts
One of those jobs I've looked at and passed by for years is our front gate. It's not been touched in 41 years and probably not before that for a while. The posts are steel square RHS and the gates...
14
14

Scaffolding
I need to paint the rear/outside of my mid-terrace house. It also needs quite a bit of tidying, pointing etc. As I'm rubbish at heights I was looking at 4m platform height scaffolding. I could hire...
19
19

Me man - make fire
We've a fire pit in the garden, on a pleasant evening the other week I thought it would be nice to sit out with a drink and a fire. Got some logs from the petrol station, ended up in a mood, the...
30
30