Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Dogfight.
Corsairs against Mustangs in the skies over Central America in 1969.
3
3

Instant handwashers.
Years ago I nearly commissioned a conventional stored HW / CH system here but at the last knocking replaced the BF boiler with a BF multipoint water heater. The only issue because of that path is that...
21
21

food box
after considering all the abuse I have endured I have decided to send for my free Scot Gove food box x2...
4
4

G4: halogen or LED?
We have a number of those "bedside lights" with a transformer in the base and a pair of "radio aeriels" taking 12 volts AC to the light unit containing a 20 watt halogen G4. I've just used my last...
12
12

OT: PPE
On the television news there are care home workers wearing PPE made from bin liners. Could they not wear rainwear, as used by hikers and outdoor workers? It wouldn't be ideal but it must be better...
26
26

OT: not sure they've thought this one through.
Seen on Twatter today (but not, I'm sure, original): <>
1
1

Dishwasher leak and questions
Hi All, I have an annoying leak from my dishwasher. I can see the dripping but can't find the source of the leak. I have taken some photos to try and explain what I have determined so far. photo 2 you...
11
11

Re-using bricks
Any good tips for separating reclaimed bricks from their attached mortar? The high winds earlier in the year pushed over a tall "hedge" of climbing evergreens on a free standing trellis at the edge of...
14
14

This may interest those who follow UK electricity generation
Despite going a record 18 consecutive days without coal in 2019, the GB electricity market is not yet ready to go without the fuel altogether.
3
3

Impossible Delivery(?)
On 7/4 I ordered a tap from Plumbworld for delivery the following day. e-mail said that it would be on 8th., then another saying delay due to you-know-what. e-mail on 10th. saying that it would be...
4
4

OT (very): Raging toothache but no dentist
Just a moan into the ether: raging toothache for several days, pain killers makes little difference, no dental treatment available until further notice :-( Apparently it's the same all over the...
95
95

3 phase variable frequency drive cutting out
Hello all. A new-to-me lathe has an Allen Bradley Powerflex 40 variable frequency drive to deliver power to the motor. It eats 1 phase 240v mains and produces 3 phase 240v to the motor, with frequency...
6
6

Question: Should young people have to endure more and more crowded conditions,...
Question: Should young people have to endure more and more crowded conditions, as population expands to 8 then 9 then 10 then 11 billion, as the U.N. projects? Answer: Absolutely not! There's no...
12
12

Ping Jim: Network Radio
Did you by one or do you just use a computer? If you bought one, which one?
15
15

Question about ST100T fan adjustments
I'm installing a "Silent Tornado ST100T" extractor fan. The PCB has two adjustments, one marked "on" and one marked "off". Presumably the "off" adjustment is to set the run-on time, but what's the...
4
4