Subject Author Posted Replies

How to prep cast iron downpipes for painting
+1, you can also use the short pointy ones in an ordinary drill for re-entrant features around brackets, etc.
10
10

Suggestions for backup restore programs widows 10?
iam looking for reliable backup and restore program for windows 10.i have tried Acronis and found it a problem. Any suggestions please?
19
19

A sign of the times?
My wife and I are both in our mid eighties so are in voluntary total lockdown. We are not rated as vulnerable according to the NHS, are unable to get a slot for food deliveries. Thankfully however...
3
3

I have broken the Peugeot
Not much effort really. I cannot open the fuel cap as the key will not fit in it (it used to do). 30 miles to home with 44 miles showing on the range. Had to drive like a girl and limp it home.
28
28

no way on topic
Traffic has been very heavy here today...almost back to normal...strange

attach tail safely
I want to attach a furry tail to a butt plug. Is a staple gun secure enough?
14
14

Locksmith
How do I get a locksmith? I've lost my garage keys.
10
10

Bread slicing
Since the lockdown has reduced services at supermarkets, they have their nice freshly baked bread available. But won't slice it, which is a PITA. Amazon have a variety of plastic guides for slicing...
33
33

Plumbing in a dishwasher...
If you aren't going to attach the waste from white goods to the sink waste, but give them their own waste pipe, what's the proper way of doing it? I have a pipe at my disposal than I can drop a...
8
8

Three Way Valve
Mate has removed motor - should he be able to rotate the valve mechanism quite easily?
20
20

Full marks to Lidl
My 2.5 year old cordless drill which I purchased clearance for £19.99 packed up last week. After a couple of questioning emails they sent me a paid return label along with instructions not to return...
17
17

Boiler short cycling
Our old Valliant Turbomax is humming away with the central heating light on, and every 5 mins or so firing up for a few secs and then firing down, but both heating and hot water are turned off at the...
16
16

Hive Active Heating Self Install - Replacing EPH WRS1i
Hi all, I bought a Hive active heating system to replace the current set up which is an EPH wireless system WRS1i for my Worcester Combi boiler. I thought (perhaps stupidly) that the set up would be...
3
3

Filling holes in bathroom tiles
I'm replacing some grab handles around the bath, as they were coated steel; the coating hasn't lasted that long so at the ends of the handles, and around the holes, rust is appearing. The concept is...
26
26

OT: Are hair clippers the new toilet rolls?
+1 for Wahl. We've had ours for years and it's very good. Until very recently, their UK operation ran from a warehouse a mile doen the road. With a 'factory shop'; that's where we got it. Also got...
33
33