Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: ?It's very lonely?: older people's fears of extended lockdown
Can't be. Glasgow slang doesn't have any Ts in it. Owain
2
2

Windows 10 and Edge
Yesterday my laptop started to throw an error whenever I clicked a link that should have opened a website. “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer”..I had...
6
6

Kiln Heating - slowly
A mate has asked me about his kiln (for clay pots and things), - obviously, I didn't know, so . . . It gets to about 1000C, but struggles to reach 1200C. From new it did this quite readily, he says....
24
24

Re: ?It's very lonely?: older pe ople's fears of extended lockdow n
totly === What is 'totly' ? Many over 70s are worried about health risks and frustrations of a longer period of isolation Looks like the over 50s could be staying in lockdown! And if you want to jet...
2
2

Mains-pressure cylinder hot water system - 15 or 22 mm piping?
I know that hot water cylinder systems which are fed by a header tank in the loft usually (*) use 22 mm piping to give a greater flow rate to compensate for the much lower pressure than the mains...
31
31

Re: on topic
And not garden centres, makes no sense. I guess B&Q have influence with the government.
21
21

Re: [OT] In need of drugs?
When you do your diy after taking ketamine, heroin, coke & diazepam do make sure your descendants will upload it to youtube.
2
2

Benefits of 15mm plasterboard?
I am putting a new ceiling into our extended 'family room' and was planning on using 15mm plasterboard rather than 12.5mm. The reason being was that I figured it might provides benefits in terms of...
6
6

Best directions ever - one for Bill Wright
In article , Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtHouse numbers are allocated by the District Council (or Equivalent). The Post Office simply makes use of them. Here, it is an offence not to...
66
66

Re: Why doesn't everything use solid aluminium capacitors?
Well cost has a lot to do with it, I'd expect. Brian
9
9

Warming the bathroom
Sometimes the bathroom is a bit chilly and the towels would be nicer warm., The downstairs wireless room stat has kept the boiler off and some of the TRVs should be closed. However, it would be nice...
24
24

OT: Personality Test
Greetings gentlemen, What do you understand the term "insular" to mean when applied to an individual? Don't look it up yet! Write down YOUR definition of the meaning from memory only. Then you can...
24
24

Festool Domino Questions
Is there a difference in the minimum height the fence can be set on the 700 as opposed to the 500. Yes I know the 500 has a height gauge and the 700 a depth gauge ( i.e) The 500 gauge measures the...

Polishing paste
I have a Parkside (Lidl) polishing set which I bought some years ago for a job for which I couldn't find a round tuit. It has a felt? polishing wheel, a buffing wheel and two bars of polishing paste -...
5
5

Garden Railway
This is a novel approach to a garden railway. I could get a 14m run in our garden if we forego the decking somehow SWAMBO is not overly keen on the idea, why? The retired railway worker uses...
8
8