Subject Author Posted Replies

Why bees are finally getting a break
Why bees are finally getting a break By Isabelle Gerretsen, 5/6/20, BBC Lockdowns have put a number of insect-harming practices on hold, creating a friendlier world for wild bees - & conservationists...
7
7

Quote for new boiler. Reasonable?
As subject. The existing boiler is 15 years old and one of the PCBs is Kaput. Worcester Bosch 18 Ri NG Heat Only boiler Worcester Bosch Horizontal flue Worcester Bosch 22mm Greenstar system filter...
35
35

Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago?
Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago, when the world pop was half of what it is now?
44
44

Re: What is going on at the top?
Nobody cares what JOB says.
2
2

Sewermen (TV Prog)
I watched an excellent programme about the work of the Water Board in clearing drains and sewers - a huge fatburg was a big task. It got me wondering - could they install a "fat separator" and then...
14
14

Win 10 mouse pad problem
I was going to ask - but have now managed to fix it.... After updating all the drivers on my Acer laptop, drivers as recommended by IObit, whilst attempting to fix an irregular crash of the OS, the...
5
5

Re: Power, water, electricity....some may forget
Who cares they are not travellers. They are thieves, scumbags and inbreds. Pikeys should be executed. -- People from the travelling community say they are struggling to access water, electricity and...
4
4

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud
I am usually complaining that the ads are played at much louder volume than the program contents, but not this time. On live off air TV it is fine. The problem is Netflix and AmazonPrime, plus to a...
6
6

OT: extracting data from images of graphs etc
Just been doing this in a context other than COVID, but have to give a huge thumbs up for some freeware called Graph Grabber. Quick, intuitive, efficient.
2
2

Home brewed beer - hard or softened water?
I'm about to try brewing beer from a kit. Our tapwater is fairly hard, but the house has a water softener (*) for one of the kitchen taps. Is it better to use hard water, as it is supplied, or to use...
21
21

Re: coming soon
"Four legs good; two legs bad." --> "Four legs good; two legs better." "Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives" --> ???
11
11

Log Cabin
Hi Just looking for suppliers of logs for log cabins. I am after a custom aged and shed companies are wanting around 3x the normal cost even though the custom size is only a few foot bigger
6
6

Much visited subject - decking treatment
Currently creating a small area of decking - nothing fancy, just to make an area nicer to put table and chairs on than coarse gravel. The sun hits that area before coming round to the back garden. So...
30
30

OT: ATTN: Rod Speed - Aussie joke
I heard this years ago, but it's still funny: Life in the Australian Army... Text of a letter from a kid from Eromanga to Mum and Dad. (For Those of you not in the know, Eromanga is a small town, west...
10
10

Curious bulb behaviour
A LED pendant light with a supermarket own brand 9W bulb is running considerably dimmer than normal. Additionally when switched off it ?fades our? over a second or so (which it never used to do). Has...
7
7