5 Amp Fuses

Check out a fuse for 100A at tens of kV - that'll cost ya. So will the fuseholder. Theyre big buggers.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

In rural America, where trees fall down or line 'whips' and linemen are many miles away, they use a novel fusing system - a bank of three fuses in canisters. When the fuse blows the canister explodes away from the pole and pushes up the next fuse.

Reply to
Chris Oates

They are indeed. I've a bunch of them here, picked up from Marconi's scrap pile. I eBayed a few to the Flash-Gordon wannabee market.

-- Do whales have krillfiles ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Any chance of an URL? As a fan of all things high-voltage... I Googled a bit but couldn't find them yet...

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

As a fan of all things high-voltage...

Have you seen this.....?