£5.99 for a screw! (Hotpoint variety that is)

Looks just like a normal self-tapper - but £5.99! That's a bit steep.

if anyone knows where I can get a complete door replacement for a Hotpoint Hot Air Dryer 17330 - please let me know. But at the rate above I doubt I could afford to buy it :-)

Reply to
dave

> Oh if anyone knows where I can get a complete door replacement for a

Dave,

Have a google for - Hotpoint 17330 spares - and have a look through around

9000 hits.

I had a quick look for a complete door for the above in the fifth item down, but to no avail - you may have better luck on the rest.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

In message , dave writes

Isn't there another identical s-tapper in the door which you can just take to a hardware store and get another one ?

What's the problem , I would have thought that its hardly difficult to get a self tapping screw

Reply to
geoff

Keep an eye on eBay. Knackered white goods don't tend to come up as frequently as decent ones, but you can often buy an old machine to dismantle cheaper than the most basic spares.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Hi Geoff - no the screw was an aside - I'm actually looking for a complete replacement door - I came across the expensive screw on the way and was amazed at the price.

Reply to
dave

Aah, capiche ...

Yes, a ridiculous price, obviously set to deter all but the most sterlingphobic

Reply to
geoff