4mm ply

Spring cleaning revealed a sheet of 4mm ply I didnt know I had. But what could I possibly do with it? I dont need any drawer bottoms or wardrobe backs. I probably will make a tablesaw sled from it (for max cut depth) - what else can one do with 4mm ply? (The surface is quite attractive)

NT

Reply to
NT

As no one else here has any suggestions, why don't you try UKWorkshop.com where there are extensive forums covering all aspects of wood work.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Odd, all I get is a blank page.

Looking around so far has told me its mainly used for drawer bottoms, wardrobe backs, small boats, miniature models and artistic arrangements of jigsawed pieces. None of which interest me at all. It can also make doors by gluing it onto foam, so presumably tables too, but again I'm not in need of either with a thin red wood surface.

What I've got is not flexible, and has a nice red timber finish, of what species I dont know. What type of ply it is I've no idea.

I have made shelves in the past from such light stuff, but again I dont need any. I'll probably pass it on. Thanks for the suggestion.

NT

Reply to
NT

2 minutes after doing that you will need it.
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Pigeonholes ;-)

If you have a comb jointer 4mm ply will join nicely into boxes, otherwise its the favourite pipe boxing material or that fresh benchtop covering...

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Model makers will use it (and thinner!)

A friend of mine used a selection of very thin ply woods when he did this:

John Rumm