Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Thought he was skint
A California company owned by UK businessman Sir Richard Branson fails to launch a rocket to orbit. A California company owned by UK businessman Sir Richard Branson fails to launch a rocket to orbit.
2
2

Fixing an internal door that swings open by itself
One of my internal doors slowly swings fully open unless it's latched closed. None of the other identical doors do this so I think it's something to do with how it's hung, but I can't find any obvious...
21
21

Lean-to greenhouse - mould
We have a small, nay, very small lean-to greenhouse. Trouble is, we are getting quiet a lot of powdery, mildew-like, mould inside it. It is bare treated timber. Despite opening the doors as much as...
5
5

Modern locks are a pest
What happened to the good old mortice lock where you didn't have to do a dance with the doorhandle to get the key to turn?
106
106

Lithium-ion 18650 cells
I'm busy messing with Lithium-ion 18650 cells and came across one in a piece of equipment, which had none of the commercial ID, just a part number and rather than being in the usual sealed container,...
10
10

OT UHT
Is anybody else now addicted to the taste of UHT milk these days?....used to like fresh creamy milk but now addicted to UHT green milk ... used to think it was crap...
13
13

ot cheesy wotsits
Just recived a parcel and it was full of those white cellulose things that smell like cheesy wotsits without the cheese...are they safe to eat ? ...
9
9

What to do? Amassed collection of bits and bobs....
Picture the scene: There are 7 raaco small component storage racks in the garage like these: have been filled slowly over 30 years with the thought of ?that will be useful one day? or ?its useful to...
14
14

Water scarcity. for the naysayers
Water scarcity can mean scarcity in availability due to physical shortage, or scarcity in access due to the failure of institutions to ensure a regular supply or due to a lack of adequate...
8
8

OT: Adult colouring books? WTF?
Well they have been around since I can remember, indeed, many of the old Puzzler books my mother had on our holidays to do on the beach had a colour by numbers picture inside the back cover, and that...
53
53

TN-S Earth clamp
Had a proper look at the earthing on the new place today. The supply earth is provided by a clamp onto the sheath. It's not, so far as I can, a tightenable clamp. It has a 10mm cable in which looks...
32
32

Cine film cement
balsa cement is the same thing #
20
20

sporks, was: Why do some people use a knife and fork?
[big snippeth] Let's not leave out: Splayd - Wikipedia The Slightly Less Than Official Spork Homepage https://www.rei.com/c/camping-sporks The Slightly Less Than Official Spork Homepage

Old oak or new to rebuild bay windows - how?
I'm removing rotten wood, pine, plaster, foam, car body filler etc from an old bay window. I'm thinking to replace just the rotten bits, not the whole thing, copying the shape of the old bits. I have...
16
16

Keeping car battery from discharging
On Sun, 24 May 2020 14:01:06 +0100 "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote: Such as the one I have: https://www.holden.co.uk/p/discarent-battery-cut-off-switch-1...