Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Latest food parcel from wee Jimmy Crankie....
...and, the problem is?
43
43

Integrated Washer
Daughter has just bought a replacement Integrated Washer (spit). When I went round today, I noticed the unit door was in the hallway. Why I asked? The hinges are spaced differently - I checked and...
4
4

Siting a woodburning stove
Not even "building regulations stove" ? Try Document J for starters.
31
31

My lead pipe
Plumber has replaced the critical section with polypipe. The old pipe is much thicker than I expected, which I'd measured as 22.2mm outside diameter (6-pound pipe I think). It's the *inside* dimension...
6
6

Re: video exit
I use Videoredo for doing that. It's not free - I think a licence costs about £30 - but it makes it very easy to remove segments (eg continuity announcements and adverts) and join together two files...
8
8

Zafira horn buttons
Got a 52 Reg Zafira and recently one horn button has failed to work intermittently. It will only work when the steering wheel is turned slightly to one side so I guess it is a wiring loom issue? My...
8
8

City Fibre potential installation......
City Fibre are currently installing ducting in my road for FTTH (Fibre to the Home) This apparently will provide an optical fibre to the inside of the house where it will terminate into an ONT...
10
10

External furniture wood restorer
At my golf club we have a dozen bench seats which have been neglected over the last few years. Me and a couple of other volunteer members are taking the opportunity of the lockdown to try to restore...
11
11

Cutting up old spring mattress
Neighbour's clearing part of her garden and discovered the spig part of a double matress. It's too big to go into the bin or the car. I've had a go at cutting it but it'd damned hard work and only a...
20
20

Battery voltage ?
Image is of batteries in a Remington electric cord/cordless shaver. The batteries are dead although it still works from mains. From the image is it possible to tell what voltage I require? I dont see...
14
14

Substitute
Why do we use turpentine substitute instead of real turpentine ? ...
6
6

OT: Road verges
Anyone know whether the Highways Authority automatically owns any land adjacent to a road? IOW, if my front hedge goes right up to the edge of the road, does the HA own any of the land the hedge might...
21
21

FAO ARW or other electrically-minded souls
Does a clamp ammeter only work on one circuit at a time, or if you clamp it around three conductors at once will it give the total current flow in all three? This is on a 12V DC source if that makes a...
23
23

Soldering station
I am about to undertake a small electronics project and have decided that it's time to replace the soldering iron that I bought some time in the 1980s. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced...
37
37

Storing food in tins
In the old days we used to keep opened tins in the fridge. I think you could even buy a plastic lid to fit on the tin. Now we are told to transfer the contents to another container. Has the...
62
62