Subject Author Posted Replies

Tiling to concrete floor
Not mine, sons in Holland. He states there is no membrane between the old adhesive and the concrete floor (with underfloor heating), so what to do. I am thinking if he cant take the old layer off then...
4
4

Taps
Perusing Hafele's latest catalogue for a replacement kitchen sink tap I see prices ranging from £45 to £650 What on earth could make the difference, apart from ££605, between two taps ? Average...
3
3

Why didn't Darnella Frazier make a video of the drug gangs?
Why didn't Darnella Frazier make a video of the drug gang activity in her neighborhood, & make it go viral, then say: "THESE PEOPLE ARE KILLIN' US; DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"??? She didn't do that cause...
1
1

RAM pump
What components would be required (and where to buy them) for a basic RAM pump. Lots of expensive items thrown up by a Google search, but easily sourced items and low cost too would be preferred (here...
12
12

Removing light fitting from wall
I want to remove a wall-mounted light fitting, and I can't see how it's attached, so I can work out how to remove it. fitting is mounted on an internal brick wall (the previous owners seemed to like...
11
11

Velly Interlesting... MCB Behavior
Hi All I have a relatively modern Wylex CU Which has (amongst other stuff) 6 MCBs protected by an RCD. I was checking out the topology of one of the circuits today (It has 2x 2.5mm T&E at the CU, but...
6
6

Old Garages
There is some remeniscing on a local group about all the old petrol stations that used to be just about everywhere. It got us wondering where the tanks would be - especially those where the pumps...
20
20

OT: The Beginning of the End
I am now seeing adverts. for: "Vintage Digital Watches." I can remember the Sinclair Black Watch, something made new by Casio is not vintage. https://www.7dayshop.com/brand/casio/filter/vintage
10
10

[OT] Connect external hard drive to internal SATA port?
I have a portable external hard drive which plugs into a regular USB port (USB type-A) but sustained data transfer is too slow for me. Can you get an adaptor cable to plug the external hard drive into...
36
36

OT Auto tranfering iPhone photos to PC
Hi All, I have been an Android phone user for years and have a simple but effective app which detects when the phone is connected to my home SSID and then automatically connects to n NFS share and...
15
15

Re: just remembered what it is called........
In your Scottish Naafi food parcel ????
3
3

Mesh network question
I?ve got a flat that?s the ground floor of a large Victorian house with very thick walls and I?m lucky enough to get my Internet connection from someone on the top floor ? I have a Cat5 cable plugged...
9
9

Cleaning electrical contacts
Hi all I have a couple of issues which require me to clean those fragile looking ribbon cables like these are the type that look more like a strip of plastic that fits into a slot like connector with...
16
16

Hammerite paint
I am painting a metal fence. So far I have power sanded it to get rid of loose paint etc and treated the worst of the rust with Kurust (made by Hammerite).. I see that Hammerite can be applied direct...
14
14

Re: George Floyd's Unreported Past
How on earth does that excuse what happened? I don't care if he had been a mass murderer, he deserved to be treated like a human being while presumed innocent. Brian
46
46