Subject Author Posted Replies

WTF Happened In 1971? [By a website of the same name.]
WTF Happened In 1971? [By a website of the same name.] In the late 1960s the US tried to have both guns and butter. It fought the Vietnam war abroad and launched the welfare state at home. They...
3
3

Gas restrictor pipe
When piping up a gas fire with 8mm restrictor tube do the connections have to be sealed with paste if so what's it called
3
3

OT: "Normal everyday noise"
Just polling opinion.... Because I personally am an intolerant, miserable buzzturd. [1] I was in the garden yesterday evening, 8pm ish, peace shattered by an incessantly barking dog. [2] Now I know...
44
44

OTish Replacement Garage Windows
The FENSA requirement is a nice little earner racket for installers. At the end of the day the main required specifications are met by the window manufacturer in the majority of cases all the...
13
13

Todays food boxes...
Dunno but I imagine it would be quite a view.
3
3

Retooling around Roomba
In article >, alan_m > wrote: The main problem with SCART was the near rigid cable. Same really as some HDMI too. SCARTS using ribbon cables were much better. But a battery only has three terminals?...
31
31

Sorry - no AG!
I asked a couple of weeks ago about cutting up the pring base of a double matress. Well, finally got it round to my place and had a good look at the construction. Plan was to weigh it down with slabs...

How to annoy the entire street
If you can't be bothered replying, then don't. >>>>>
47
47

Car door protector strip (ish)
Hello. I'm sure that many will be familiar with these. A flexible plastic 'U' moulding to fit onto car door edges to prevent damage. Does anyone know where I might get a longer length of this? I need...
4
4

older/newer GCH radiator efficiency?
In article wrote: If it isn't visible light, you won't see it. But it's the case that simply nothing is 100% efficient. May come very close, though.
174
174

OT: Fingerprint recognition oddity
I was re-stacking a lot of dry firewood the other day and afterwards I couldn?t unlock my Samsung phone using the fingerprint sensor. I wasn?t *that* surprised but then I realised that my iPad was...
22
22

Re: THE FUZZ CHASED ME TODAY ...
European Association of Preventive Cardiology
1
1

angle grinders .
Plenty of people still selling them Screwfix being one! Richard
28
28

Stopping taps rotating?
HI all, Daughter picked me up a pair of 1/4 turn taps from Screwfix for our bathroom basin yesterday and I was wondering if we bed taps down in anything these days to stop them leaking / moving or...
21
21

OBD2 ECU Memory Saver
Donno, I just made up a open end to lighter plug made sure the lighter socket was powered and connected a 12 V SLA to the open ends. With a modern car one might have to be quick changing the main...
12
12