Subject Author Posted Replies

8mm propane gas pipe - quick release connectors - 90 degrees?
Coming back to this after over a year. Our caravan has an external BBQ point which (for presumably good reasons) points vertically down in a recess in the side of the van. There isn't a lot of room to...
3
3

Bosch 10.8V drill
My 10.*V Bosch Pro d/d emitted sparkles and magic smoke yesterday. I assume that it hash brushes as this was near the rear end and I could see what looked like the commutator in the sparks. It's 5...
6
6

OT repairing glasses
not giving you a script to "shop around" with is not unique to boots they all try it
30
30

Re: air
It possibly will not help if your A/C does not work at all as that may indicate other problems such as a leak maybe because seals have dried out during a lengthy period of not using the AC. For me, a...
13
13

Thread cutting 3/4" galvanised tube
I am thinking about making some things for my workshop. In among them, I shall need some fairly stiff metal - probably tube. Trouble is, cost of P&P makes online prices quite high. I can get suitable...
51
51

Tap tails onto compression fittings?
I learned something this week.... If i'm connecting a screw on tap tail to, for example, an isolator valve i'll use a both end compression one and do away with the nut and olive on one end. But you're...
5
5

Plastic pipe, composite sink, earth?
The answer must be, you don't, surely, obviously? But i've replaced a sink and some pipework, none of it is metal, i'm looking at the earth that was strapped to the copper and assuming I do away with...
11
11

Angle grinder question (yes, really!)
I want to cut some steel reinforcing bars for a neighbour, that stick up through the edge of their patio. I have diamond and bonded grit disks for the AG, but which should I use? I ask, because a car...
19
19

Stripping lead-based paint
I've spent the last couple of days cutting-out and replacing rotten oak and pitch pine from a large window frame, which means stripping and repainting the whole thing. The house is 1930s so underneath...
10
10

Wardrobe Door Replacement Question
Hi, I'm getting six replacement overlay doors for a wardrobe. 2270 x 548mm. At the moment, they all hinged on the left. I'd like to have 3 pairs of L/R hinged ones. The existing gaps between each door...
4
4

3,6,12,13,24
Can you spot the missing number ? It's 9. As in 9V. I've just trawled through three boxes of odds and sods and out of 15 accumulated wallwarts, not one is 9v. I am *this* close to putting the whole...
12
12

Old BT 2Wire router as wireless repeater ?
Following on from finding my PLA *and* router Wallwart fucked, and looking at a drawer with 3 old 2Wire routers from BT I find myself wondering if they can be pressed into service as a wireless...
6
6

Powerline oddity
Last night, the PLA which feeds our TV hub "went funny". Just showing power light. It's one of a pair. After a brief mess around, I discovered the TV can use the house WiFi (as can the TiVo) so no...
6
6

Microsoft Edge
I thought Microsoft had scrapped Edge, so how come it has just reappeared on my PC after an update?
38
38

Potted PCB
Am attempting to map out a pretty simple through hole PCB. It's the central locking controller for late Rover SD1, and the complete unit NLA as NOS. Made by Kiekert. Basically, two standard micro...
22
22