Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: When did soft rinse become called fabric conditioner?
When did soft rinse become called fabric conditioner? (UK) If I search for "soft rinse" in Tesco, it doesn't know what I mean. I always called it soft rinse 30 years ago.
10
10

Installing shower mixer upside down
I have an external shower mixer I have just replaced. The pipework has the hot on the right, but the mixer requires it on the left. As a temporary fix, I have installed the mixer upside down, so the...
6
6

Whirlpool bath diy kit.
Water leaking out of back of jets where pipe gos in.
4
4

Difficulty finding *small* sheets (A4 size approx) of Formica or similar
I need thin (0.5mm), very hard plastic sheet (Formica, Melamine etc) for covering a capentry wood cutting jig. So far I've searched on Amazon and eBay, but have found very little *small* sheets....
37
37

Ping Bill (TV aerial issue)
9 months or so after professional installation, signal from aerial distribution system has apparently died! No visual cable damage but a connection anomaly. Wolsey WFAV 425 4 way distribution...
55
55

Bosch 43 LI Lawn Mower
How long does the team think the Bosch Li-ion batteries should last before failing. The unit in question has a 36v x 4Ah battery at ~£160 a pop. There are two batteries, but only one is used at a...
8
8

Sprung wiring connectors on sockets
I've been using loads of Wago connectors recently, including a couple of ma intenance-free locations, and it got me wondering why the wire connections on the backs of sockets etc aren't using this...
35
35

Replacing Belling Cooker Fan
I need to replace the oven fan in an oldish Belling 860 Mk2 dual fuel cooke r. I started removing the back to access the fan but it looks like I have t o remove a metal gas pipe which goes to the hob...
3
3

Pliers without teeth
What is meant by describing a pair of pliers as being without teeth? I was hoping that it would mean that there are no serations that are used to improve grip on anything that the pliers might be...
3
3

Mobile phone battery life
Indeed - following an 'update' one app (Al Jazeera) chose to update in the background. This alone used 40% of battery. Doesn't your phone have a utility, showing battery health and usage?
14
14

World's oldest dendrochronologically dated archaeological wood construction
World's oldest dendrochronologically dated archaeological wood construction by Michal Rybní?ek, Journal of Archaeological Science Vol 115, Mar 2020 In 2018, during the construction of a motorway in...

Adjust track in cast iron sander top
I bought a mitre fence to use in the track in the cast iron top to a belt s ander. The track in the cast iron is fractionally too narrow (less than 1mm ) I'm looking for an easy way to widen the track...

Lidl Parkside Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner £ 59.99
I now need a suction device primarily for use with power tools but also general garage-type crap. As of Sunday 19/07/2020, Lidl are offering a Parkside Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner. I don't know if they...
2
2

Network oddity ?
Smart TV, connected via no name router and powerline adapter to main network. Happily sees DLNA server and streams media from there as well as internet (iPlayer, YouTube etc). Router blows. I dig...
30
30

Everything you don't DIY!
Some jobs are beyond your own scope, but don't you wish you'd kept a better eye on the process? Had rear access stairs fitted at the shop. Due to the height there needed to be a platform some way up...
7
7