Subject Author Posted Replies

Ghost Signs (Preservation)
Hi All, Does anyone have any knowledge of preserving / conserving / maintaining gho st signs? We have one (B&W) in the village which is Fading fast. I have read that the reason many have lasted so...
11
11

Recommendation wtd for metal polisher
I've got quite a lot of bronze and brass window handles and catches that need polishing and then lacquering. I'd prefer not to DIY so it would be useful to get recommendations for companies who...
4
4

OT: Hacked road signs
It's not damage, as they can simply alter the sign back. It's not libel if it's true.
2
2

Internal guttering corner with outlet ?
After a deluge of biblical proportions a few days ago, I noticed the guttering was clearly blocked. The blocked section is just before a 90-degree corner (the inside of an "L") and obviously the crud...
3
3

Plague of flies
The "Executioner" branded one is actually pretty good - it makes a far more dramatic "bang" on contact than the other I have tried - and will knock down wasps and things fairly easily.
18
18

Neighbour
Does the requirement to fit a cage around the terminal if less than ?2 metres above ground still apply to a condensing flue ? Where does the condensate go ?. This might be a Gazco balanced flue gas...
14
14

Stick welding revelation
Indeed, but I have not got any of that in stock[1], but still have a third of a 5kg box of 2.5mm electrodes left (which I bought them from CPC *years* ago :-) [1] and the slight faff or remembering to...
51
51

Septic tanks Regs in Scotland
Septic Tank Regulations in Scotland All discharges both to ground and water, from septic tanks and sewage treatment plants, either new or existing, will have to be registered with the Environment...
6
6

Ripping DVD to hard drive
A long time since I have copied a DVD film, and have forgotten which program I used! Any thoughts? Something basic to copy a commercial DVD so that I can watch it direct from PC rather than faff about...
11
11

Septic tank
Recent post about septic tank produced a lot of hot air. Just wondering how many on this list actually live in a house served by a septic tank? I do. Mike
28
28

Wax on sunroofs
Have just been polishing my car - and the wax says not to use on glass. I understand that wax can cause funny things to happen on windscreens, so fair enough as a bit of advice. But is it sensible for...
1
1

Has anyone coma across plans for Climbing Frames anywhere?
I'm thinking of building a climbing frame for our grandson and, while we can probably come up with some reasonable ideas, some sort of plan and recommendations for materials etc. would be useful. Has...
4
4

feckin' windows 10
anybody just had an update and now their mouse has stopped working?.....did this not happen before?...fecked up a load of drivers?.....hate bloody computers...
63
63

Actual LED TVs? do they exist? (2023 Update)
Are any TVs just LED? Or is LED just a backlight to an LCD panel? I thought they'd invented TVs where every dot was a tricolour LED, but I can't find any such thing.
27
27

Replacing LEDs in strip lights
I use this sort of thing: When they eventually fail, it's the LEDs that have gone. Isn't it possible to buy a strip of LEDs to slide into it instead of buying a new power supply and chassis aswell?...