Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:UAE nuclear reactor fires up
and only last week they sent a probe to Mars. The oil-rich UAE is adopting more sustainable energy sources but the plant has its critics.
8
8

Dry wall / fine surface filler
Have a dry lined ceiling, (Fermacell) had been gone over with a fine surface filler when new ...... but once painted you can see a couple of places where there are lines from the tool (10" flexy steel...
5
5

Lastest Government message to the North
MATT Latest news, business, sport, comment, lifestyle and culture from the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph newspapers and video from Telegraph TV.
2
2

Pressure reducing valves - do any work with zero flow?
Looking at pressure reducing valves available from Toolststion, Screwfix and such I note that a lot of the reviews say that the pressure builds up when there's no flow. I.e. the pressure reduction...
2
2

Reliable backup-restore program for windows 10
I have tried Macrium, the problem there is that is reformats the "dump" disc into a format that windows10 10 does not recognise, so restore not only fails but I ended up with an unusable system. being...
13
13

OT: Rattling helicopter
Yesterday, I heard the sound of a helicopter nearby, but with a loud rattle as well as the normal noises. It flew past, quite high and fast. It was civilian. I hope it managed to reach somewhere safe,...
32
32

Cutting fibreboard 12mm
What's the best way? The original sheet was cut by saw, but is there an alternative way for cutting out a small sheet 3ft x 2ft?
6
6

OT: What's the point of a laundry basket?
What's the point of a laundry basket, why not put the dirty clothes straight into the washing machine?
101
101

Win 10 file sharing problem
Just an update on the latest state. Only one PC is now giving problems. It's also the oldest one. It uses a TP Link Wi-Fi dongle, on the 'main' Wi-Fi circuit. It has multiple boot - Win 10, Win7 and...
1
1

Power meter plug suitable for PC?
Is this sort of plug-in power meter suitable for measuring a desktop PC with a switched mode power supply? I bought something similar a long time ago but found it was giving misleading readings. Are...
13
13

Compact float valve for [high] mains pressure
What compact float (or other sort of level sensitive) valves will cope OK with mains water pressure of around 5 bar? It also needs to be able to cope with being outdoors and, probably, freezing...
1
1

Kingsman or Celutex
As part of the kitchen refurbishment I am looking to insulate the floor whi ch at present is a suspended T&G floor on 100mm joists. I am looking at fix ing 25 X 25 battens to the bottom of the joists...
33
33

Stone sealers
I have laid some natural limestone floor tiles, very pale, porous and open grained. I haven't grouted yet and I am thinking I should treat them with something before I drag coloured grout across them,...
4
4

Mobile phone
Probably done before but can the knowledgeable suggest something suitable for the following spec:- Modest price Navigation Robust good battery life mail I have just side-graded to a 2 year monthly...
40
40

OT: Armadillo nonsense
I'd just love to see a cyclist fall over one of those. And by the way, if an emergency vehicle can get over them, so can my car. Fuck you cyclists.
14
14