Subject Author Posted Replies

Rusting gatepost - crazy repair idea
This gatepost has some serious rust holes in it - they're not all that easy to see on this photo but they're about 8cm across: Given the state of the thing and the fact it's in a coastal location I...
21
21

OT if a job needs doing then I do it.
Cherry picker delivered to a block of flats and not the hospital I was working at. So fuck it I drove it down the main road to where I needed it. I now know how farmers feel when driving a tractor on...
15
15

Asus notebook wont boot up.
Some people can't not. ;-) That's good (I have several). I have an Asus EEC PC4G by my foot as I type. ;-) I have several MSI Winds and a couple of Fujitsu Q550's. ;-) Yup, I have used them where I...
60
60

quality broadcast .....
1
1

Camera adapter ring
How difficult do you think it would be to get an adapter ring 0.25" width, with 25mm x32 internal thread and 28mm x32 external thread. Well it is nigh on impossible, although the threads are standard...
8
8

Dyson DC07
Any household chore gods there? Currently have a fine Dyson DC07 and I like the way the carpets feel and look groomed after its use. However, It is very heavy and I think I would like something...
20
20

Recommendations for downlights for 60mm cut outs
as subject please as my search demon has skived off. I'd prefer GU10s but accept the world seems to be going integrated. Fire rated desirable but not essential. If it were my ceiling I'd look to...
3
3

didn't know this
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Thursday : The first I have heard of that too, thanks..
20
20

TRV Travel
Just checking one out. I've taken the top off. What sort of travel should I expect on the pin? I push it down and it comes back up.
7
7

How do tradesmen earn a living?
I've just fitted a new tap to our kitchen sink. It took me nearly 4 hours. That did include altering the pipework. Plus puzzling over the instructions on the rather complicated Bristan Easyfit tap....
67
67

Shed/planning/building regs.
My new shed is 5m wide, 6m long, and I will have to re-weld the steel trusses to get it under 2.5m high. It's a repurposed concrete prefab garage. It's going to be 750mm from a boundary. I think it's...
11
11

FTTP installation
I have a small UPS which supplies my FTTC router and modem which gives me wifi. > PON box it does not power the router, so you are back to a separate UPS.
120
120

What switch for a 24V DC supply?
I'm replacing the motor in an elderly micro lathe with a 24VDC one from an electric scooter. The power route will be mains > switched-mode PSU > switch > speed controller > motor. What switch is...
33
33

Drain rodding
Been having drain trouble lately both at my own house and at my son's. The only things they have in common is (i) Victorian drains and (ii) quilted toilet paper in use. Coincidence? Also, I have a set...
8
8

Router and attached external hard drive, Fritzbox update
Many thanks for all the advice. I eventually purchased a Seagate non SDD mains powered 4TB standalone drive, which I attached to my laptop and partitioned (using Windows) as 2TB plus 4 x 500GB. Added...