Subject Author Posted Replies

where does this come from?
someone, who is self possessed.
6

strange hot water
just down at the static van and I thought I would take a bath rather than a shower.....anyway water at the sink is scalding ....shower with the mixer up the right way up now is working well...the whb...
14
14

Time lagged by a car journey?
Barnsley to Watford. It gets dark so much earlier in Watford.
5
5

OT: Car crash tests are pointless
Why don't car crash tests take account of braking ability? Not crashing at all is better than doing well in a crash.
30
30

Splashdown
NASA.gov brings you the latest images, videos and news from America's space agency. Get the latest updates on NASA missions, watch NASA TV live, and learn about our quest to reveal the unknown and...
9
9

Wow, expensive lighting!
Who pays for this?! $2,600 for a light, and you have to wait 2 months to get it! Anyone good at building stuff like this? Go undercut them! The THIN Primaries Hexagon brings a stunning geometric shape...
37
37

OT: Birdsong ID
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?
18
18

Intergral blinds in DG unit
Out cat likes to look out of the window. If the blinds are down he's outraged. And doesn't mind showing it. So we are thinking of the blinds that are integrated between the panels in a double glazed...
4
4

Shed supply in conduit??
Hi All, In the olden times, my Readers Digest DIY book said the two approved ways t o get a supply to a shed were either burial (probably SWA) about a foot to 18 inches deep or else. Attaching to a...
12
12

External handrail fixing
We have three steps up to our front door. These are 8" high (vertical brick) and can be awkward for those who are less mobile. I have been thinking of putting in a handrail like that at . However, as...
22
22

NO more free TV licence from today
Anyone had the letter from TV LIcensing yet ?. BBC Moneybox says they will send out letters, so any emails, texts or phone calls will be from scammers. Some folks will fall for a scammer though.
123
123

OT:UAE nuclear reactor fires up
and only last week they sent a probe to Mars. The oil-rich UAE is adopting more sustainable energy sources but the plant has its critics.
8
8

Dry wall / fine surface filler
Have a dry lined ceiling, (Fermacell) had been gone over with a fine surface filler when new ...... but once painted you can see a couple of places where there are lines from the tool (10" flexy steel...
5
5

Lastest Government message to the North
MATT Latest news, business, sport, comment, lifestyle and culture from the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph newspapers and video from Telegraph TV.
2
2

Pressure reducing valves - do any work with zero flow?
Looking at pressure reducing valves available from Toolststion, Screwfix and such I note that a lot of the reviews say that the pressure builds up when there's no flow. I.e. the pressure reduction...
2
2