Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Driving on/off kerbs
Granddaughter took me to pick someone up from the bus stop. Nowhere great to park but there was a dropped kerb in a handy place and I suggested she straddle the pavement using the dropped kerb. She...
5
5

How easy is Laminate Flooring to Install?
I'm looking at installing laminate flooring but wondered how difficult it is? Anyone got any experience. We're looking at getting Quickstep
15
15

RTFM
Dishwasher (cheap Miele) was making horrible noises from the drain pump area. Removing the filter I thought I could feel an olive pit in the pump inlet...but couldn?t see how to get it out.. In...
18
18

How to help old folk get connected to the Internet?
I help to run a club. Over 90% of members now communicate by email, book events online, etc. But I'd like to help those who don't. Most of them, I think, are well over 70 and have no computer...
88
88

What's wrong with this product?
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is This page doesn't say, but it's 60 quid How can it possibly have (as is claimed) the same cooling capacity as aircons 8 times the price? Presumably, it...
60
60

No HW or CH after drained CH system to fix rad run by Potterton Performa 24
Hi Peeps, Little stuck, my towel radiator plastic chrome brackets were damaged, so I drained the CH system and removed the rad. I drained the CH system from the drain in the garden. When i...
2
2

suspend 23 lb lighting fixture from celotex ceiling
client has put a celotex ceiling in a classroom. The celotex is screwed in ceiling joists 2 x 10 at 16 inches c/c. The light fixture is 2 feet x 4 feet metal box and is toggle bolted to the celotex...
2
2

100 off an item for sale?!
Yes, no number sounds similar to another. But P and D do. What? I just told you they sound different, so you don't need phonetics. What you're thinking of is the Irish. Being familiar with something...
70
70

Worchester 24i trouble
The boiler at the van here has started acting up today.....sometimes when you turn the hot water off the flame stays on and you can hear it boiling the now static water with all sorts of boiling and...
11
11

This is just weird - laptop keyboard
My old, little used laptop has just installed a series of Win10 updates, now fully up to date, since when my keyboard has had problem generating a question mark. Question mark is on the shifted...
20
20

Cooker MCB/RCD (an old topic revisited)
So this is an old post revisited. Some of you may remember but it was December 2018. Father-in-Law had a new NEFF oven installed by John Lewis. Their installers said that the MCB needed changing to a...
9
9

Garage Floor - Dusty
34 years since I painted the garage floor. Doing a bit of cleaning and tidying - and the floor is giving lots of dust where the paint has long worn away. Not bothered about cosmetics especially - what...
6
6

plastic door....s on topic
are are plastic doors prone to expanding and warping in the heat and sun?....can't get mine to close and lock here at the static van in the blazing sun.....anybody else had this problem......only ever...
6
6

Graphene batteries.
Previous Samsung graphene video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go2g_BNpG_Y Gary Explains video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMegpibt1M --- About ColdFusion --- ColdFusion is an Australian based...
5
5

Gluing Aluminium
I have some cast aluminium garden chairs. The screw holding one of the arms got loose and I forgot to tighten it. Yesterday the top of the arm snapped off, leaving the screw in place. I have the arm...
25
25