Subject Author Posted Replies

EV charging point cable question
Getting a “Pod Point” 7 kW EV charger installed next week for my car. I’ve managed to place a “pull-through” rope for the electrician when he comes to do the install. The quick and easy way...
7
7

Chipped drinking glasses
Does anyone know of a grinding service anywhere near the Harrow/ Hillingdon/Watford borders?
6
6

Wet loft insulation
Another unexpected problem here. Someone left a skylight window open during heavy rain and now some of the loft insulation is very wet. Can I just bring the loft insulation into my flat for a few days...
17
17

OT Remotely connecting to PC
Hi All, Since lockdown a few friends have asked me to sort out their windows 10 PCs. I was thinking that this would be a lot easier if I could remotely connect to their PC over the internet. I run...
37
37

3 Phase
Does anyone think that 3 phase may become a practial proposition four houses to enable better electric car charging in the future? Is there really much more involved in the scheme of things for new...
58
58

Real DIY question - soil pipe adaptor
I have a steel pipe with an OD or 115mm, just large enough so I can't fit a double socket: anyone recommend an alternative? I am considering heating up the pipe so the ABS will creep and expand to...
7
7

Hire Shop Affiliates
Looking to hire a core drill setup and seem to remember someone on here recommending an online outfit that acted as a front/affiliate for one of the big national hire companies (Hire Station IIRC) but...

Laser printer, toner overflow?
I have a Brother HL-2365DW which I guess is rated for SOHO rather than heavy business use. I'm getting toner spillage leading to (fused) blotchy marks all over printout, I guess the waste toner...
15
15

Flexible hose for gas cooker
Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great service it's time to get rid. I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up a secondhand but pristine New...
4
4

Ebay text only past few days - Firefox?
The past 3 maybe 4 days, loading the Ebay website, it has usually appeared as just text on a plain white background, no graphics. No other sites seem to be affected, anyone else? I'm using latest...
12
12

window cleaning
The house opposite me has just had the windows cleaned A van turns up with 7 people and judging by the conversation all Eastern European. Three ladders come off the roof of the van and six men get to...
13
13

Geberit 360 Fill Valve in toilet
Slight hiss - took out diaphragm and cleaned it and the seating. Still passing a bit of water. Anything else worth trying. Could the float be sticking a bit? Should I replace it. Not my house - need...
2
2

OT: Meat eaters licence (update).
On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:30:47 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq ... I came across this that joins it all together (the hypothetical concept of a meat eaters...
163
163

Snapped earth behind socket, options?
Long story short, trying to do a better job than the bodge-it kitchen fitter from a few years ago and wondering why I bother. Swapping a back box and socket, the earth in the 2.5 T&E has broken and...
25
25

More car radio hassle
Many thanks to those who put me on the track of I ordered an SMB female to FME male adaptor lead from them, but unfortunately today they wrote back (very courteously) to explain that they have no...
36
36