Subject Author Posted Replies

power goes off
Last two times I have came to the static van the power has been cut....the internal off on switch with rcds is on but the rcd in the external meter box has been tripped.....when we leave the only...
15
15

LED lights in plastic tube - 10 - 20 years ago
Back in the day, when I was still young and handsome and had most of my teeth, the Christmas lights were 240V LED strings inside clear thick plastic tubes. You could even join strings together at the...
2
2

Blow torch servicing
Hi All, I bought a blow torch at the local car boot sale and I can't seem to get it to work. Not sure if it is me, it or combination of both. It looks like it is one of these (a Primus PowerJet 3469)...
5
5

Motor fluid
I have a Grundfos KP150 sump pump that's no longer working. The impeller is very stiff to turn so I've taken it apart to attempt to fix it. Looking at this video, they show some "motor fluid" under...
11
11

Washing machine failure: brushes?
W/m (Bosch Exxcel 1200) failed to turn today. I hoped it was just a failed motor brush but found they were, while well worn, both smooth and free from cracks etc. In the past with brushes which were...
5
5

Microwave turntable motor failed.
Its a 17-yo Sharp microwave combi-oven which does a good job as a mini-oven because it has an upper and a lower grill element, so heats up quickly. A few days ago there was a lot of graunching noises...
14
14

Long Screws into Aluminium
I am fitting a pocket door and the frame is an aluminium box section. The instructions assume that the stud wall will be a metal construction and advises screwing through the metal upright into the...
3
3

Re: Off Topic ...Banksy
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 06:07:08 +1000, "Rod Speed" wrote: Like the millions of aus slime in the EU sponging off our back? British artist Banksy has paid for a bright pink boat to save any refugees in...

Electric showers
Why are the Triton 10.8kw models all shown as for mains water only?
14
14

powabyke conversion
I have a 20 year old powabyke with a hub motor. The 36V lead acid battery is us and there are some problems with the power/speed controller. The batterry replacement was 200quid last time I looked 5...
26
26

Bath size soap
You used to be able to buy small and bath sized soap, but I seem unable to find any bath size any more, just the small ones - any one else noticed this?
24
24

Solar PV panels
Degradation. My PV panels are almost ten years old now. Yesterday was bright sun , blue sky and cold wind. At midday, they were delivering the full rated power. So they haven't deteriorated by much.
2
2

Extending a ring
Planning to add a mesh to the home network soon, and need an extra power socket in the kitchen for the unit that will go in there. Most obvious way to achieve that is by adding a spur to the electric...
20
20

When they make uk.d-i-y the movie, this should be the credits soundtrack
Just discovered this last night: why hadnt I heard of them before? give up without hearing the instrumental break: I nearly wet myself laughing. Nick Lyrics video of "Ironmonger (The Copier Of The...
17
17

CH Losing Pressure
My gas combi's sealed system pressure drops from 1.0 to about 0.5 bar every few weeks. It seems to stick at 0.5, but I've not left it long enough to be sure. A few seconds on the loop valve and it's...
7
7