Subject Author Posted Replies

What is being built here (Kensington)
JohnP <> wrote in news:XnsAC2FCF7F523C9JohPnowherecom@ 81.171.92.222: Aah - It is One Kensington Gardens. I see different dates depending which way I browse Street View.
10

Seen on a local F/B page
The sofa possibly went in as 2 or 3 modules and was bolted together once in the room. Possibly the legs unscrew.
31
31

ammeter and voltmeter needed
Oh, then you'll need 2 separate meters. Don't overlook the possibility of converting an ammeter into either type you want. Or add switching so you only need one. NT
22
22

TV choices
They do... both CPUs for running the SMART apps etc, and video processors for doing the display and decoding stuff. That may be more of a reflection of the source content than the screen. It might be,...
7
7

Cable TV remote control reassembly
Not that it might have anything to do with your problem, but why in the picture on the right ( is the right-hand side of the case - with the back of the keypad showing - upside down with respect to...
11
11

Paint Garage Ceiling - which paint
Any of those & many more can be used. The main tradeoffs are durability, fumes, cleanability, cost. Take your pick. I wouldn't rush to use pva myself. If for some reason I did, make sure its well...
5
5

USER MANUAL FOR ST600 ELECTRONIC TIMER
i am looking for a user manual for Honeywell ST6100 ELECTRONIC TIMER

Chrome on Taps
Try wiping something like vaseline onto a clean dry tap. (It is actually best of the vaseline is thinned but you might not want to use paraffin or petrol.) Leave for hours. Wipe off and then apply car...
1
1

Acrylic/Perspex, Wood & PVA
Another method that works is to replace one wood slat with a perspex one. The plastic is relatively floppy, screws in oversize holes sorts that. NT
9
9

MIG welding with Nitrogen?
I was quite impressed by that site until I came to this: "Propylene isn?t actually a pure gas, it?s a blend with Oxygen" Otherwise a fair point. But remember we usually assume that structures contain...
15
15

OT: New technology!
This is a much cited example of path dependence, a much argued topic in behavioural science. Articles and whole books were written on this around 20 years ago and it was the subject of some...
5
5

Two ammeters in parallel
I have read some excellent analyses of the situation but nobody is stating the final answer to the problem clearly. Of course the total current will be the sum of the two measured currents but that...
80
80

Inside Dinorwig. BBC Click 22-august
On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 18:10:26 +0100, newshound <> wrote: But are these batteries intended to supplement the grid, e.g. for peak-lopping, or are they for a 'black start', to get the particular power...
21
21

Microwave turntable motor
2.4GHz is about 4" wavelength. The optics can't focus that. But it is very unevenly distributed, primarily due to cavity reflections. Watch a vid of someone nuking a lightbulb to see how uneven it is....
7
7

Cooling challenge.
Yes that was excluded. What I had in mind has been partially mentioned. Outer space is well below freezing, and we can use that on earth. Silver tape line a large parabolic dish or similar. Well...
10
10