Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommendations for an IP67 Junction box that will:
Accept a 10mm2 3 core SWA cable & gland kit accept 2 off 10mm2 6181y meter tails (8mm diameter) and 10mm2 earth wire and have a 3 pole 60A junction box within? I can find lots of Wiska boxes but they...
3
3

OT: gearbox oil temperature
GEnts, can anyone hazard a guess as to what the approx oil temp of a modern 6 speed automatic gearbox should be once it's got up to operating temperature? Ta.
12
12

new FB messages
why do face book have trouble playing this video ?
8
8

petrol lawnmowers in 2020
Hello, I have an electric mower but it's not very good: it gets clogged up with wet grass and long grass will stall the motor. I keep thinking I should treat myself to a petrol one but a honda is...
58
58

Plywood sink
idea or stupid? NT
6
6

Copying files from old DOS to Win10
Hi So I have a really old Amstrad PC1512 with 20MB HDD. There are files that I'd like to retrieve into a more modern environment - Win10. The old PC has a 5 1/4" floppy, a serial port, and a parallel...
58
58

Moving a shed
We might be wanting to move a 2m x 2m garden shed, by about 1m and maybe rotating it 90 degrees. It has plywood on the floor and appears to be resting on paving slabs, not bolted down. Beyond emptying...
36
36

Re: Move shower pump to loft?
On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 08:57:51 -0700 (PDT), David Aldrich wrote: Daughter had to get her pump replaced by plumber who fitted in the loft to suck up from the tank - against the pump instructions to be by...
2
2

Can I salvage this old strimmer?
Clearing out the garage. I have an electric strimmer that was hardly ever used but has been hanging up for about 10 years. When I plug it in and switch it on the motor turns but slow and sluggishly....
10
10

OT: Black Radio Hams
Do they even exist? We had a black chap interested - and I mean *proper* black - in joining our Radio Society here on the island, but he seemed pretty clueless and would have to be spoon-fed on all...
144
144

Re: what?
> like it.....just received the parcels anyway.....
2
2

Re: OT: Delivery van identification
Ah, thanks. That confirms the Orkney Street factory was on the Macaulay exchange _before_ the 'new factory' on Wandsworth Road was opened in 1953. It narrows down the date of the photo to either pre...
1
1

10mm microbore for expansion vessel?
Hello, I want to add an external expansion vessel to my combi boiler as I think the built-in one has failed. The built-in one is fed off a 15mm port on the DHW exchanger. I think it will be difficult...
5
5

OT: A drop in the ocean?
I've not seen the news recently and not sure if this made it but apparently: "Gulf Livestock 1, carrying more than 40 crew members and nearly 6,000 cattle, foundered off coast of Japan" don't suppose...
77
77

Resolution::::Off Topic but migt be interesting for comment.
Ok....it turned up on Saturday morning, although I had cancelled the order. I accepted the TV because it was the one I wanted and I thought they may have made a special effort to get it to me when the...