Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT road Improvement
Over the past 8 years or so my local council has spent 10s of millions improving road junctions. Re-allocating lanes at busy junctions for left hand turns which very few use. Adding a right turn...
10
10

OT HAPPY TIM? ...new Scottish gov app
how is this new scottish gov app the wee bint is asking me to download going to work on my nokia 1100 ? .....
9
9

Wi-fi router recommendations please.
Hello all, I currently have a: TP-LINK N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model No. TL-WDR3600 (as reported from its admin page) and have had it for a few years. It has always had a problem with...
15
15

Fitting vinyl flooring around a WC pan
We have a small (2.6 x 1.2m) en suite shower room with shower, WHB and WC. The floor is Victorian floor boards, carpeted. The carpet is out and needs to be replaced with vinyl, but the thought of...
28
28

OT next financial crash end of October?...
I guess it is going to be caused by people defaulting on their car finance .....Audi and mercs are going to be handed back by the thousand as all the flash men with no longer needed flash jobs hand...
47
47

TV Recommendations
On 05 Sep 2020 at 20:20:00 BST, thescullster <> wrote: You want full HD capable, not just "HD Ready". I. e., make sure it has a Freeview HD Tuner.
36
36

Fixed the microwave turntable.
I got a new `motor` for the turntable £5 on ebay and that sorted the non turning turntable. Out of interest I dismantled the `not working` one and it appears that when in use liquid has been allowed...
9
9

Zinsser 123 instead of artist's gesso?
Hi, I am preparing some acrylic-painted artist's canvases for overpainting, beginning by putting on some layers of gesso. The brand of gesso I'm using is Winsor & Newton's "Professional", which is...
13
13

Wiring oven and hob on 32A
My oven is 16A but it has been on a 13A plug temporarily (roughly 4 years) And i'm planning to buy a 16A hob. I have 4mm T&E on a 32A breaker at my disposal feeding the current hob, Am I OK connecting...
5
5

LED Dimmer - depth
I want to replace a (incandescent) dimmer with a LED compatible dimmer. I thought - I will swap it with one I hardly use as a interim. I found the module was too deep and to make matters worse the...
19
19

OT: Microsoft Store
I am amused that Norton puts emails from the Microsoft Store into the AntiSpam folder. Is this commercial rivalry or just algorithms at work?
3
3

Is Erbauer ERH750 SDS drill powerful enough for 150mm core bit?
'm about to buy this SDS hammer drill but I'm not sure if it's powerful enough to easily drive a 150mm core bit. Anyone know if it is? And in general is there a table or something that tells you what...
8
8

Google StreetView & Apple LookAround
First a question. What's it called when your dashcam records the reciprocal view of the Google Streetview car as it records you? I guess there should be a word for it. This is what I mean, (I'm in the...

Concrete prefab, base size., Have I mucked he size up?
Asked this over at Cormaic's, but no joy (maybe (much!) laterrrr, but panic on, so here now). This is the slab I've just made with my Aldi concrete mixer). Nominal 6000mm by 5000 mm prefab garage for...
17
17

Cant get the door handles off:(
Got a kitchen fire door quite solid, got a couple of handles like these ones and a latch been working fine except its not now:( Managed to open by turning the handles up and down to get the sod...
8
8