Subject Author Posted Replies

Google:-(
Firefox search on W7, gives blocking banner from Google (uk) demanding I tick boxes! Fairly recent occurrence. Is this something I have done? Bigger annoyance is when I return to the search page I get...
7
7

Rayburn thermodial full of condensation
Brand new Rayburn gas 400 series, thermodial gauge on door full of condensation after first use. Normal? (Replaced 40yr old ?Stanley cooker? which never suffered this issue).
1
1

OT Today's top tip
Do not let Lou book a hotel room for tonight in Lincoln. On the plus side she has booked a nice hotel in Norfolk on the 13th of October. FFS
51
51

alex store
For people who want to do heroin, but also be productive, there's Heroin AM. Subscribe to SNL: https://goo.gl/tUsXwM Stream Current Full Episodes: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live Watch Past...
1
1

Saw Safety
A Slovenian woman has been found guilty of deliberately sawing off her own hand as part of an insurance scam. [...] Prosecutors said the woman's boyfriend had also made internet searches about...
12
12

I know what I did this summer
For those into rambling tales of building stuff this might appeal: (probably still full of typos etc!) The never ending patio rebuild - DIYWiki
17
17

Yes I could post to alt.uk.legal, but they might not know what a trailer is.
How many trailers can we trail in the UK, this implies more than one. "Towing a trailer Your trailer must display the same number plate as the vehicle you?re towing it with. If you?re towing more than...
7
7

O.T. House in need of maintenance in conservation area
I live in a conservation area. The house opposite is going to rack and ruin and is a bit of an eyesore. It has dozens of slates missing from the roof. Do Councils have powers to force owners to...
7
7

TOT: escaped salmon
According to the BBC, almost 50,000 salmon escaped after the farm was damaged during Storm Ellen: The article goes on to say that the salmon can be distinguished from wild stock by damage to their...
78
78

DIY opthamology ?
Browsing around, my eye (every pun intended) was caught by this possible treatment for glaucoma seems to be available as the EyeOPT1, if it helps. Googling for images reveals it consists of a piece...
10
10

OT Warranty seller on ebay
How do you send an ebay item back for repair after 5 months?....I don't see any way of doing it ...all bloody paypal guarantee related ...
14
14

PAYG SIM minutes don't run out - no monthly top up
I'm looking for a backup SIM which will keep a phone going but not require a monthly top up. Ideally Vodaphone (to diversify networks) but retaining credit long term is more important. Cheers Dave R
115
115

TOT road Improvement
Over the past 8 years or so my local council has spent 10s of millions improving road junctions. Re-allocating lanes at busy junctions for left hand turns which very few use. Adding a right turn...
10
10

OT HAPPY TIM? ...new Scottish gov app
how is this new scottish gov app the wee bint is asking me to download going to work on my nokia 1100 ? .....
9
9

Wi-fi router recommendations please.
Hello all, I currently have a: TP-LINK N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model No. TL-WDR3600 (as reported from its admin page) and have had it for a few years. It has always had a problem with...
15
15