Subject Author Posted Replies

bbc 1 fake Britain
good prog on now about fake Pyro glass
17

OT:Day for night
Something I only just realised, having never really given the matter much thought, is that a lot of night scenes in films, both colour and black and white were and are actually filmed in daytime. With...
14
14

OT Mattress
My wife want me to start looking at new mattresses. Any advice - Traditional v Memory Foam? Shop v on-line? etc.
35
35

Re: OT well they wanted equality...
Advantage Campaigners say women born in the 1950s have been treated unfairly by rapid pension age changes.

How waterproof is "waterproof" tile adhesive?
I'm thinking of building a pizza oven from vermiculite & cement. It will live outdoors. If it get wet & freezes I reckon it will crack & fail. I'll need to "render" it to keep rain off somehow. Is...
17
17

Immersion heater timer
Having moved into a flat, I have an immersion heater which is connected to Economy 7. I want to fit a timer so I can set it just to just come on during the night rate. I have no experience of...
42
42

OT Halfords rant
Goes to buy brake cable for bike flung it on counter boy scans it I stick my card on the machine....he asks do you have an email address ...I say no ...he asks something else...I say no anyway .....I...
117
117

Alexa - Skill 'Smart Life'
I have just taken delivery of 4x Smart Plugs, got them working perfectly with a separate Iphone app called 'Smart Life', but I am struggling to get control of them via Alexa. The tiny manual suggests...
35
35

Solar ?
Been bright sunshine and hitting 27C here (Midlands) today. Solar providing c. 13% as much as nuclear ? Well, well, well.
28
28

haha
Quick and easy to fit, seal will provide protection from backflow caused by rising water levels and flooding. Contents will be unaffected and untouched. - Simple and easy to fit in 1 minute.
35
35

30V, 5-10A bench PSU recommendations?
I have a couple of linear PSU's (Weir, both 30V-2A, 15V-4A) but they are both old and are now non-functional / iffy and I was considering something newer, lighter, smaller and with twin digital...
40
40

Stain blocking paint
Friend says you should not use stain blocking paint on wallpaper as it makes the wallpaper very difficult to remove in future. I have followed this and it is taking several coats of emulsion to...
12
12

Milligram scales
I am considering buying a cheap (that is essential!) scale capable of measuring tiny weights - up to 10 grams would be sufficient. I probably don't really need true milligram accuracy or sensitivity...
21
21

OT: Sky Arts on Freeview 11 from Thurs Sep 17th
Another retune :-(. I wonder what they show ?. Andrew
4
4

Google Earth.
Bother. I tried loading Earth pro which wiped my working Earth set up and doesn't function! Anyone care to recommend a source for G. Earth that works on W7 32bit? Processor, memory, speed look OK
4
4