Subject Author Posted Replies

canon Pixma printer
I'm tearing my hair out and this is my last resort. My Canon Pixma G650 is locked in copy mode. I've tried all the solutions offered on the internet to no avail. This is apparently a Canon pronblem of...
9
9

Not in my backyard, please!
I'm pissed off with Italy for not doing the dirty work for me. Why can't they just shoot at the boats, sink them, kill them all so they don't show up in my backyard? Of course, I wouldn't do that...
3
3

Aga air lock or blocked fuel line
Hi, My aga is not getting enough oil through. The BM control box isn't filling up correctly. I removed the long filter and tested the flow and it only dribbles out. Is there any way of sucking the oil...
2
2

With Plusnet Ceasing Mobile Services...
....I am trying to contact them to transfer me to EE, lines are all suffering long waits.
10
10

EDF
Gasp in amazement "Your account balance is £1,786.00 in credit You're paying £265.00 on the 23rd of each month by Direct Debit"
26
26

OT - what's your commute overhead ?
Now the schools are back, etc, my 20 minute run to the office when I go in has become an hour. So a loading of 200% inefficiency. Mainly caused by a confluence of roadworks that create a nice gridlock...
43
43

No matter what's proposed, the subject of population control is unpopular.
No matter what's proposed, the subject of population control is unpopular. That's why the politicians keep procrastinating. All leaders should have a job requirement to attend regular meetings of a...
1
1

Trying to get a watertight seal between an outside tap (1/2") and brass fitting
We have an outside tap fitting which consists of a 12 mm copper pipe soldered to a brass elbow that is screwed to the wall. This elbow has a standard 1/2" BSP thread (internal) into which a tap is...
26
26

OT: Why can't non-EU websites ignore EU cookie laws/GDPR?
If an American company with an American server doesn't obey EU cookie/GDPR/privacy laws, what's the EU gonna do? They can't get someone into trouble for breaking a law which only exists in another...
20
20

Vibrition on a wooden kitchen floor
I was just wondering in this wonderful world of new materials if anyone who has a washing machine has solved the intense vibration on a wooden floor without resorting to pouring concrete? Its begging...
27
27

SOT: Leaving Hive Hub behind when you move house
Hive tell you to take your Hive Hub with you when you move house "because the new occupier won't be able to use it". WHY? OK, you'll have set up a Hive account in your name and you won't be able to...
8
8

Help with EXCEL
Using MS EXCEL 2007 I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet to total the time spent on a project, and hence the cost. The columns are: Col.1 Date; Col.2 Start Time hh:mm; Col.3 End Time hh:mm; Col.4 Time...
24
24

Garage interior boarding out
Hello group members, I'm new to DIY and have set myself the task of renovating the interior of my outside garage. I figure I can make my mistakes in there whilst using it to learn what I'm doing as I...
60
60

Levelling a kitchen floor
I have a floor that I wish to add laminate flooring. I am intending to use an underlay but this will be limited in thickness. The existing floor has been removed. In parts this was two layers of lino....
14
14

Radiator Sizing
Whilst remodelling the bathroom I need to move the existing radiator. The current 600 X 500 double panel convector has always made the bathroom really cosy especially first thing in the morning...
4
4