Subject Author Posted Replies

Boiler Losing Pressure II
Posted a couple of weeks back - boiler losing pressure, needing half a pint or so a day. I've checked the expansion tank and overflow, and all of the below the floor pipes. I've checked most of the...
16
16

Re: Are Powered Posthole borers any good?
The truck mounted ones are good as mass of truck keeps it straight ... hand held one just throw all over the place when they hits stones.
1
1

Built in appliances and kick boards - a general comment
Having struggled to remove the kick boards (it should have been easy but extra bits had been added beyond clips) I looked at the built in washing machine. It looks to have a washing machine style...
9
9

iPlayer no longer works on some Humax PVRs
I don't use iPlayer that often but a couple of days ago I noticed that it fails on my HD FOX T2. Seems there is a problem with ?all Humax PVRs because various Humax forums have similar messages though...
7
7

OT: what?s this make of?
Hmm, from memory (having broken one open previously), it?s like a brownish resin. They are all this size though with a ?cupped? or ?flared out? end that looks possible partially combusted. Just...
8
8

Silicone sealant between kitchen cabinet kick plate and floor - removal - dishwasher
In 2012 we had the rear of the house extended and a new kitchen fitted. Laminate flooring and the kitchen on top. Kick board/plate sealed to the laminate with some kind of silicone sealant. My...
7
7

OT: Coolest sound ever - golf ball on frozen lake
Fabulous sound of golf ball on frozen lake in Huntsville, Alabama!
149
149

Silicone on new sink strainer waste?
I've got a new stainless steel Franke sink and waste, which came supplied with sealing washers top and bottom. The instructions make no mention of using any silicone in addition to the washers but...
11
11

PVA, and 'The Other' PVA
Hi all - slightly stupid question perhaps... I see plenty of reference here re. the use of 'PVA' as a sealer. I have some myself, a 5L container of 'Contractors PVA' bought from Toolstation or similar...
8
8

Interesting deep dive on EV battery supply problems
Talks about Tesla as a lead, but in reality covers any Li-Ion technology. Be one of the first 500 people to sign up with this link and get 20% off your subscription with Brilliant.org!...
2
2

Salamander CT50
I have a Salamander CT50 that was probably installed in this house just before we moved here, in an attempt by the previous owner to spruce it up a bit. It says WED: SEP 2009 on the label. It looks...
1
1

W/basin bath repair
I think it was asked in here - someone looking for a suitable material to fix a chipped w/basin and one of the suggestions was this stuff - asked if might be suitable for a chip in a white enamelled...
6
6

Cat6 unshielded with mains power?
I've an opportunity to run mains power and CAT6 to a garden summerhouse. Can they run in the same conduit? One cable each in separate conduit? Get some shielded Cat6 and use that instead? I already...
19
19

Small push-button switch
I've a couple of desk lamps with the domed push-button switches and one is rather glued together and getting more fragile. Eventually I managed to find something on Ebay - tried all sorts of search...
9
9

Re: OT - What will be completely unacceptable in 100 years - or even 50
AISB, but perhaps you were nodding off, I know nothing of fish physiology, and cannot therefore judge whether such a hook causes pain or not. I imagine they enjoy their activity, else why do it, but,...
3
3