Subject Author Posted Replies

Ey up! They're burning coal tonight!
I assume someone has a favourable deal because it must cost more than gas generation. Cheers Dave R
21
21

LED lamps
I have a couple of early LED lamps, with fins and very heavy. Are these as good as (or better than?) the present generation?
31
31

Electronic construction kits
Does anyone here remember what was the precursor to the Philips Radionic series? I am thinking of about 1963 which is a few years before the Philips X20 et seq came about. I lusted after one of those...
58
58

Programming frequency inverter
Changed a blown frequency inverter, machine worked but motor was too fast for our application. Moeller Df4-120-37 It needs a keypad to program it, bought one. I had my nose in the manual thought I was...
6
6

Question for users of milling machines
What type of edge finder do you use (wiggler, split-cylinder or electronic) and can you recommend it?
7
7

External hard drives...
I have all my stuff on a 1tb external drive....yesterday I bought another to back it up...doing it at the moment and it says it will take three and a half hours is this correct or is there a quicker...
93
93

external hard drives
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 09:44:52 +0000, "Jim GM4 DHJ ..." <> wrote: Like when people think that telling someone trying to reduce the suffering to animals (by not consuming and exploiting...
5
5

Galvonic isolator position
where should the galvonic isolator be positioned in relation to a virginmedia modem/router?.....I relocated the box to the upper floor of the house using a good coax leaving the isolator down stairs...
40
40

CCTV for drains
I could do with one of them gadgets where you shove a CCTV camera up a drain to find blockages. Has anyone found a reasonably priced one that works? I would need to be able to go through about 10m of...
4
4

'Calibrating' a square
Trying to find out which of my assortment of squares and adjustable angle measurerers is, well, square. Not sure what to use, so far thought of a die-cast box or the machine-made end of a kitchen work...
6
6

Adjustable hole cutter
Looked at these on SF and the reviews are not good - flimsy etc. At work we had single-sided one that worked well but it was made 'in house'. Any recommendations for a good one, please?
13
13

House plans
I am okanning to move to a bungalow. Adjacent to it is one has had an extension added. I might consider doing the same thing provided that I can afford it. First though i will need a copy of their...
14
14

Neff Microwave.
It's quite old, but a match to the double Neff Oven. The time display goes blank after use. Otherwise it works normally for setting the operating time. Press stop, and it appears at 12.00. Can then be...
12
12

Recommendations for hand held researchable vacuum cleaner/
Any one please?
18
18

Replacing a two-sided shower frame
How easy is it to replace a two sided shower frame onto an existing tray. The one there now is badly damaged at the base by limescale and is beyond rescue. The tray looks OK. I have measured the tray...
1
1