Subject Author Posted Replies

Vaccine claims?
Where claims are being made about the efficacy of COVID vaccines, I wonder in how many of the trials were the volunteers deliberately infected with COVID following the vaccination? If none, then the...
24
24

Wanting Aqualoc laminate in Driftwood Oak 12mm
I am a few boxes short for what I need. I had some left over from 1 room and now want to do my hallway to match the dining room but am a few boxes short. Can anyone help?

NHS QR Code
I had a letter through the post the other day from the NHS, urging me to get my flu vaccination (which I'd had done some six weeks ago - they could have checked and saved the effort). Also enclosed...
25
25

Amazon Doorbell Snitches
Pains me to repeat 'Which' findings, but ... "Amazon smart doorbells can have ?critical vulnerability? that can give criminals access to people?s homes" that surprised, the entire range of IoT devices...
34
34

Smart plugs/sockets, recommendations wanted
My wife wants to turn on/off a heater in her cabin and thus a 'smart plug' would seem to be the obvious way to do it. There are loads of them out there now from various suppliers, so I'm after...
49
49

To replace or modify a flourescent luminaire to a LED Luminaire?
In the garage and in the loft I have 4 off 6ft long Fluorescent tube Luminaires. (two in each location) They are of the high frequency ballast type so there is no starter as such and they are IP65...
26
26

What is this PCB component
Hi all, I have a dead HDD I am trying to fix for a friend. I have a replacement PCB to see if that sorts it but it involves desoldering the ROM chip from the original board and soldering it on to the...
24
24

Help-Laptop screen upside down
Help my laptop screen is upside down. What can i do. I'm using Windows 10 as far as i know it doesn't have automatic orientaion.
27
27

OT: Stupid
Advert. from Screwfix today, Sunday: "Black Friday Launches Tomorrow!" I know that there used to be different calendars, but this one is nuts. As is the concept of Black Friday in a country which does...
12
12

Question - electrical sanity check
I've laid underground SWA feeds from the house CU to a couple of sheds (and a Well area). The feeds have B20 MCBs at the head and RCDs at the load end; all remote CUs have TT earthing. One of the...
23
23

TOT companies wanting feedback (rant)
Currently I'm attempting to get my money back for a (£60) parcel that has been "lost" in transit. The parcel has a tracking number but hasn't been scanned since an hour after it was entered into the...
24
24

OT. Old pix of USA
2
2

Windows 10 'Permissions'
A friend has created a hobby based database, with various fields and the ability to add photos/images, but I cannot add images (jpg) and think the problem must be permissions. The prog was initially...
4
4

Conflict between gas supplier and Gas Safe engineer - what to do?
My M-I-L and family own a property which has recently been let. The letting is being handled by an agency and it's through them that the Gas Safety and Electrical Safety checks have been done....
70
70

Replacing old burner seal
I've got an ancient Potterton Kingfisher 2, due to be replaced in a year.  The plumber told me that the burner seals (ie for the front cover to the burner) need replacing.  It looks like it's just...
1
1