4 way bolts

What's the proper name for the door latches I've seen in PVC front doors that engage in the top and bottom jamb as well as both sides but are operated by what appears to be a normal 5 lever sash lock? Any suggestions where I might find just the mechanism to fit to my garage door?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Multi-point lock.

Garage door ones are usually crude discrete spring loaded latches that are released simultaneously by cables operated by the main handle.

The variation in garage door alignment would make a window & door type multipoint lock unreliable as the door can flex too much.

I have fitted a rimlock type cylinder to my garage door which simply immobilises the central handle. Not fantastically secure but the average garage door only needs a tin opener to get in so not worth fitting any better lock.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin