4 way adapter

Hi is there such a thing as a flat 4 way adapter that plugs into the wall socket to power all my TV and video equipment? Something like a 4 way extension lead but without the lead and plugs straight into the socket?

Thanks Ron

Reply to
Ronald

Take the old socket off and replace with this.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Will I need to replace the double box as well? Thanks Ron

Reply to
Ronald

> --

Nope,you just screw it on as you would the normal 2 gang socket.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In message , Ronald writes

I've seen them at Homebase, ISTR they needed a double socket.

Reply to
bof

Or a single if you read the bumpf.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Y'mean like this ....?

the adaptor into any standard socket to have 4 sockets instantly. With no trailing wires it's safe and easy to install, all you need do is simply plug it in. Each socket has its own on/off switch so you're in control at all times. It's fitted with a built-in safety fuse to avoid overloading and is suitable for all UK 13amp 3-pin sockets. Includes surge protector.

The device seems to be a plug with a extended four gang switched socket assembly suspended from the plug. {I've been meaning to purchase one for the use you've described ... plus Christmas-tree lights.

HTH

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

I'd worry about the mechanical strain on the socket.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher