3D garden planner

Can anyone recommend a low-cost bit of software for doing garden planning, which could render 3D views from the plan?

I've googled but there are a lot of them out there, I would be interested in comments if anyone has actually used any of them.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Gnuplot ?

It can take your x,y,z data and generate contours and a rendered surface and it's free. The commands needed to achieve the desired result do take quite a lot of getting your head round though.

Ideally I suppose you need to be able to integrate the space under the surface to get your volume. I'm not sure if gnuplot can do this but people do manage to do very clever things with it so there might be a way of post processing the surface data - there's lots of stuff about it out there on Google.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Cheers for that - I can actually do all the Maths myself - it's just the code for rendering it I need, so that might be ideal. I'll have a look later, Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

This I have also considered! Except I prefer cheese as I can eat the results.

Anyway, I've found a program that will do the rendering for me - it's called Draw3D. Now all I need to do is write the code to alow me to specify a "terrace height" and have it generate the volumes to be moved and the 3D data file. Oh, and collect all the height data from the garden!

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds