Subject Author Posted Replies

JG 10mm plastic plumbing parts - opinions
I have to rig up from 15mm copper to a water filter with a 10mm plastic connector. Seems to me a JG 15/10 reducing straight and a JG equal 90deg elbow should do the trick, I can get both from B&Q (I...
1
1

LIDL smart home from Sunday
Are these Lidl Zigbee smart home lights and sockets good or bad? On sale from Sunday. Smart Home - www.lidl.co.uk
6
6

Monitor screen burn
I thought this was a thing of the past! But I noticed some oddness across the top of the screen lately, it's been getting worse and becoming obvious that browser tabs are burning in!
10
10

Bending 25 mm plastic conduit
Has anyone done this ?. I have a 22mm bending spring intended for 22mm copper and it is a fairly loose fit. I was going to heat the pipe with my hot air gun and bend it around something round or maybe...
18
18

Re: Plumbing DIY SOS kit
I've done all manner of plumbing and never needed it. yes some water pump pliers, or just a crescent wrench, one of the dedicated 1/2"+3/4" split ring spanners is nice <> LS-X A handful of push-fit...
60
60

What makes WiFi not work?
So with the help and advice of some on here I massively improved our WiFi situation at work, got a phone app to see signal/channel strength, shifted stuff about and faffed with the router channels....
40
40

£12 for a ****ing knob ???
One of the oven knobs broke yesterday. Tracking down the official Stoves spare, it's £11.76 they can FRO. However, it's telling where the thing comes from. They couldn't even be bothered to hide it....
21
21

OT: Thunderbird
A long time ago, I edited the interface to remove the reply button, so there was just the followup button. Unfortunately, it's updated itself and undone that. How do I alter it again, please?
32
32

Air to air heat exchanger...
Anyone had a go at diy ing one?
4
4

Halogen floodlights not worth using? LED instead?
In "stock" I have a couple (or more) halogen floodlights. About 100W I think. However they are very power hungry compared to modern LED floodlights and the new lights are generally under £20 unless...
10
10

OT That's their Christmas spoilt then
All 10,500 turkeys will be culled after a strain of avian influenza was found in North Yorkshire.
1
1

LED driver
I wonder if the gurus in here can help with a slightly OT question? I bought a set of LED lights for the garden expecting them to be supplied with a 12v psu as usual. What arrived is the lights with a...
33
33

Lidl Woodturning Lathe (2023 Update)
I see that Lidl have got a woodturning lathe for £60. Anyone bought one? it likely to be any good? Parkside Woodturning Lathe - For processing wooden workpieces up to 60cm in length and 25cm in...
15
15

Cordless drill motor.
What sort of resistance would you expect with an 18v cordless drill motor?
12
12

How near a drainage pipe can you plant a fruit tree? XP
We are trying to decide where to plant a couple of fruit trees, on semi- dwarfing root stock. One location is by a West facing wall which has a soil pipe (and power and water) running fairly close to...
13
13