Subject Author Posted Replies

Neighbours refuse access to maintain shared drain
Two neighbours have refused me access to maintain shared drain. I sent them a notification that I wanted to insert a camera and maybe lift some manhole covers but they refused, one phoned the drainage...
28
28

OT - Tiny BBQ - anyone got one?
I have a {cough} number of BBQs of varying designs, sizes and fuel types. However they are all quite substantial and can cook for 2-3 at a minimum. These days I often find myself wanting to cook a...
16
16

Marmalade drifting, or, at least, its discussion thread ...
Limes, grapefruit and their derived products should be avoided by anybody who takes statins. I have it on good authority, a cousin who is / was a pharmacist in a hospital, that some substance in those...
60
60

Washing machine leaking slightly
Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom right. Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ... I cant...
16
16

You are a 4th year electrical apprentice
And as thick as pig shit and a bit of a known liar. Your claim today is that on a house refurb everyone left and they locked you in the house with a first year apprentice. So do you 1. Climb out of a...
12
12

Sigh. Again. Why bother ?
SWMBOs wheelchair tyre popped last week. repair was arranged via the official channels, and they sent an "engineer" out to fit a new tyres and tubes. Putting to one side the fact that his first words...
34
34

D-I-Y Marmalade
Has anyone here got the low-down on the availability of Seville Oranges ? (These are the bitter ones as were featured in that episode of Dad's Army) Sainsburys, Morrisons and Lidl here in Chippenham...
40
40

18mm slim spanner
I've fitted one of those brass thread filling valves to my cistern. Don't get on with plastic when the pipes are copper. Tightening up the tap fitting is presenting a problem. There is very little...
5
5

TOT Google email re BT mail
I received this from Google today: Someone knows your password ********* Google has become aware that someone else knows your password, and we've taken steps to protect your account. Please sign back...
44
44

OT: Does anyone have any bitcoin?
As subject really. Anyone bough/sold in the past. Is it worth having some, do we think, as a contingency for when our own currency is worth absolutely FA?
7
7

Google annoyance.
Probably my own fault but Google UK has been putting up an inoperative blocking banner when I try to select a second site from the initial list. I have *I don't care about cookies* running (I think!)....
14
14

Externally mounted replacement expansion vessel on heating boiler?
The expansion vessel on an old Ideal Isar heating boiler is on its last legs. Replacing the expansion vessel inside the boiler casing seems like slow work as the vessel is tucked away at the back. The...
29
29

OT: The future of EV charging?
Anyone interested in what the future might hold might be interested in this development. With a 60 acre solar farm and a 6 megaWatt hour battery they expect to be able to charge a very large number of...
203
203

Built in Bosch combi microwave - remove to replace light???
I need to replace the internal light in our Bosch combi microwave. The instructions say to turn off the mains supply. Fair enough - you have to have the door open which turns the light on so you...
8
8

Outdoor radiant (IR?) heaters - experiences?
We have an outdoor area at the rear of the house which is a wooden deck with a plastic sloping roof to keep (some of) the rain off. I say "some of" because the rain is blowing in and almost reaching...
133
133