Subject Author Posted Replies

One shot timer
As the days draw in with less sunlight I want to charge an ac coupled battery from solar PV panels without discharging my main battery. I can easily do this manually when at home and don't want to...
2
2

OT Royal Mail
I received this junk email this morning from Royal Mail quote Hi Sir/Madam We hope this message finds you well and your parcels even better! As a valued customer, it's our priority to ensure your...
29
29

Allotment locks
I dont. but a wider knowledge base on matters mechanical is now a cross post target
19
19

OT: it's not the volts that ...
< Download AnyDesk now at https://anydesk.com/styro In this video, I wire 100 car batteries in parallel to generate more electric current than a lightning bolt! thanks to @TheBackyardScientist and...
22
22

Computer Backup
Computer backup has been discussed a few times in the past, and since it is quite a deep topic with a number of solutions - many of which are DIYable, I thought I would start a wiki page: is just an...
73
73

Headlamp - Halfords suitable?
I have a £20 Halfords voucher and looking what to buy. Any thoughts on: lumens, USB rechargeable, detachable. This is just for home use, bits of DIY when I need a bit of extra light, or I'm rummaging...
6
6

For a change, a good courier report
Yesterday, I ordered a case of wine, to be delivered today. The supplier chose Yodel, and I was happily surprised when Tracking this morning showed a delivery time of 2-05 pm to 4-05 pm. The package...
3
3

Smag (Rant)
Short stay in National Trust property. As usual spotlessly clean, well furnished, well equipped with one exception. The SMEG ‘kettle. If you want a f****d up kettle ask SMEG. An electric kettle is a...
64
64

Thunderbird 115
Christ, what a dogs breakfast, Nothing works like it did. But I have managed to get a consistent set of fonts, usable colours and download an old fashioned icon set. And make it use default...
94
94

Dekleting an unwanted copy of a folder
In my user area I have two folders labeled 'Desktop'. The first contains all the links etc that appear on my desktop and that I use regularly. The second has appeared recently after a panic on my part...
13
13

OT Rant at hearing aid company
The regulars here might remember me posting a plea for help over the behaviour of my hearing aids,some weeks ago. Might also remember my promisie to inform the NG once I had contacted the company...
6
6

Speaking gate alarm ...?
The house gate is some distance from the house. I've got power down there (and Cat5 to the house) and I want to add a box which shouts "please close the gate" a short time after the gate is opened,...
10
10

OT: email applications
For reasons I won't go into, I would prefer to keep my Gmail account away from my main suite of email accounts on Outlook 365. Is there anything to prevent me installing two different email apps on...
9
9

EPC recommendations
Selling my parents' home, so have had to get an EPC done <>It has cavity wall insulation (the part about "solid brick" must refer to the garage, and the "limited insulation" in a flat rood is probably...
25
25

carz
2007 Suzuki bought at three years old in 2010 for £4000 cost £300 a year no stop start no fancy tablet dasboard no DRLs no parking sensors or camera no electric hand brake no sunroof no satnav no...
26
26